Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

I cannot install Quik for desktop.

I cannot install Quik for desktop.

Quik for desktop cannot be installed from GoPro home page at the following URL.

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/softwareandapp

Will there be new desktop Quik releases for HERO8 Black and MAX in the future?

Does anyone have information?

qqqqqqq.PNG
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: I cannot install Quik for desktop.

I have some theories on this one if you're interested...

GoPro have always had some (pretty bad) sort of software support for their camera's.  Whether it be GoPro Studio (discontinued) or GoPro Quik (which hasn't been updated in ages and did not fully support the GoPro Hero 8).  Now as you rightly pointed out, GoPro Quik is no longer available for download.

GoPro have been slammed in the past for the lack of proper software support for their camera's and even the company CEO admitted they need to concentrate on their software more.  A few years back they started throwing resources at their mobile app, have an ongoing beta group and what a difference that made.  Now it's actually a joy to use and more importantly, it works!

They are currently doing the same with their windows player for Max and that will see a release shortly.

Now 2 weeks ago news broke that GoPro had trademarked 2 names.  1 was Zeus, and it was for a lighting unit.  Well Zeus went on sale today on the GoPro Homepage.  It's basically a mini light that comes with a magnetic swivle clip.

The other name they trademarked was "Mural".  It is a video editing software package.  

With QUIK being pulled from the apps section I'm thinking/hoping this means that we will see some brand new desktop editing software arriving to replace it shortly.  One which will support the GP8 with GPS and HEVC support.  

Pulling QUIK would indicate that it will arrive soon, otherwise they would have left it up there as users need something...

Fingers crossed it's arriving soon!

Highlighted
Nomad

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone!

GoPro is looking toward the future - we have built and are continuing to develop a new modern desktop solution. Support articles will be updated to reflect this change, stay tuned!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Nomad

I seriously cannot wait to try this out.  GoPro have done great work on their app and reframe pluggin, really looking forward to seeing what they do with their desktop software.  Wish there had been a beta group for this but I did a search and didn't find a mention of one anywhere.

Looking forward to updates on this and the rollout!