Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist
Accepted Solution

I cannot find the GoPro App for Desktop download. Question "solved" isn't valid now.

There is a question from someone else about this app download and a "solution" provided but unfortunately that solution apparently is old as the link it provides does now take me to this app.  Most of your links that suggest to go there to find it only takes you to the QUIK app and I already have downloaded that.  I want to make videos much longer than what QUIK does.  Windows 10 is my OS and I have a HERO4 black  camera.  I have no need for anything relating to IPhone, etc. as I have none of those, or any smart phone. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: I cannot find the GoPro App for Desktop download. Question "solved" isn't valid now.

Quik for Desktop no longer comes bundled with GoPro Studio. You can find more information here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/GoPro-Studio-End-of-Life-FAQ

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

Re: I cannot find the GoPro App for Desktop download. Question "solved" isn't valid now.

I am having the same problem as i am looking for the traditional gopro studio as i feel restricted by the music and time in Quik. Can someone please provide an answer.

GoPro

Quik for Desktop no longer comes bundled with GoPro Studio. You can find more information here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/GoPro-Studio-End-of-Life-FAQ

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

Good or bad, I'm not sure yet, but it's GOPRO's solution.  It would of been nice if this end of life FAQ were shown in the various links you have for finding the software I was looking for that no longer exists due to end of life and it would of saved me an hour of looking. 

Love the camera but depending on how well the free download software is, it will influence my thinking of upgrading to the new camera if

I feel like I can't depend on GOPRO supporting older versions.

Highlighted
Hiker

I've been watching some YT videos on VSDC Free Video Editor. Everything I watch talks about how good and full-featured the sotware is. I have downloaded it, but havent had any videos to edit yet. Take a look at it. It may be better than Studio.

Tourist

If you don't mind me asking, what PC are you using?

Hiker

@ninad0734 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, what PC are you using?

Who are you asking, lol

Sightseer

??? I was told when I bought a GoProSessions,  Hero 5 to download the GoPro App, I cannot find it anywhere, this blog said its not avaiable anymore?? I ddont get it, the mac store told me to download Capture, just a few weeks ago, how do I use this camera w no app support?