Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

I am trying to play GoPro Hero 6 video in Quick on a Dell Windows with an I7 6700 3.4 ghz proces

I am trying to play GoPro Hero 6 video in Quick on a Dell Windows desktop with an i7 6700 3.4 ghz CPU, 16 g RAM and Radeon 480 GPU. Video was shot in 1080p at 60 fps. It keeps hanging up and jumping ahead so viewing is not possible. I can go back and play video that glitched and it will sometimes play smoothly so I know all the data is there but it is not possible to go thru 10 minutes of video without glitches all the way through. Audio seems to always play smoothly, however. There are no glitches when I play video back on the camera.

What is the problem/solution?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I am trying to play GoPro Hero 6 video in Quick on a Dell Windows with an I7 6700 3.4 ghz pr

Hello @grandjump50616

Sorry to hear about the trouble. See if the steps to fix Correct choppy, stuttering, or broken up playback as discussed here will help clear the issue. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: I am trying to play GoPro Hero 6 video in Quick on a Dell Windows with an I7 6700 3.4 ghz pr

Looks like same problem with choppy playback I had recently.

Can you check your Quik version and if not on latetst version, maybe upgrading might help.

2.6.0.730 > choppy playback , latest version 2.6.1.780 solved this for me.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-desktop-HD-content-playback-very-choppy/m...

Cheers

Highlighted
Tourist

OK, thanks. I'll try to upgrade and see if that works.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hiker, I just checked my Quick version and it is up to date at 2.6.1.780. Any other suggestions? I recorded on a 150 MB/s micro SD card so that shouldn't be the problem.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @grandjump50616

Sorry to hear about the trouble. See if the steps to fix Correct choppy, stuttering, or broken up playback as discussed here will help clear the issue. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius