Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

How to watch GoPro video on Windows 10 or Mac???

[ New ]

As I know, Quik for Windows cannot be downloaded and without further development any more.

So, how can I play the video on Windows 10 or Mac which is taken by my GoPro Hero 7 Black before?

Please advise if available.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How to watch GoPro video on Windows 10 or Mac???

[ New ]

Hello @superalp08440. You can use any of the methods mentioned here How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Windows 10 to get your files from the camera to your computer. The media file formats of the GoPro videos and photos are compatible with most video and photo viewer apps.

Quik for desktop app's installer can still be downloaded through this page.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

GoPro's decisions are a little frustrating for users.  Although the company has essentially ditched the Quik app and don't have any announced plans for supporting a desktop app as they're focussed on mobile apps, they still have it available for download here: 

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-legacy-software/ta-p/595533

<rant>

If only they'd fix looping on the GoPro Hero8 Black so that looping would work in any mode/resolution (e.g. 2.7K) or they'd simply put an "h" in the filename for any files with hilights in them, I wouldn't need the Quik app at all!  But alas, no support for that so Quik is the only way to get the highlighted files that I marked during recordings.

</rant>

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @superalp08440. You can use any of the methods mentioned here How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Windows 10 to get your files from the camera to your computer. The media file formats of the GoPro videos and photos are compatible with most video and photo viewer apps.

Quik for desktop app's installer can still be downloaded through this page.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello!

Thanks for your information!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello!

Thanks for your information!