Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

How to use GPS in Quik app

Here is a video showing how to make it work https://youtu.be/clDECmNbr4o

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: How to use GPS in Quik app

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Nice job @tallguysrc.

Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

So you can Watch without leaving the forum 

Highlighted
Anonymous

GoPro: thanks for the gauges this is a step in the right direction.

But what we really want is a google maps overlay, one that can be stretched to as big or small as we like, even changing from video capture to map and back again. Any plans for this?

What about timelapse capture, updates in the works?

ISSUE: I have just downloaded the latest Quik version. When I overlay any of the gauges they flicker constantly. I cant get them to stay on screen on my video, constantly flickering on and off. How can we fix this? Any other reports?

Would also be appreciated if we can click n hold the corner of each gauge eg the speedo so as to resize each one.

Highlighted
Hiker

Does anyone know if these gauges will be available in GoPro Studio? It seems silly that we have to insert the gauges into the videos, render them, open them in gopro studio, then combine footage?

It would be nice to have one gauge for my 4 videos I take instead of 4 separate gauges when my video auto-splits at the 15ish minute mark?

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same issue and have not been able to find a solution.  If it helps I'm running a Surface 4 Pro.  I thought it had something to do with the resolution, but when I changed it to the recommended settings, it didnt do anything. 

Anyone know a solution?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Currently they're only available in Quik (Create mode). We're always looking at ways to improve our products though, so maybe they'll be in other tools in the future. In the meantime, you could add the gauges in Quik, export the video, and put that video in Studio. Thanks, Jeff
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Is the GPS data accessible through the quik app on an iphone? @jefft