Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: How to stitch videos

Yeah, this doesn’t make sense, why can’t we put these together if they are forcing us to upload separate?

Has anyone tried the apps on an iPad?

Highlighted
Hiker

@runwithoutpants wrote:

You want to join those chaptered mp4 files together to make one continuous video?

ffmpeg -f concat -i input.txt -c copy output.mp4

About 20 seconds later you'll have a SINGLE mp4 file for your gopro video, and you have gotten easily probably an hour or more back to your life.

Enjoy!

Does it concatinate the GPS footage so you can, then, open it in Quik for a full GPS route? That really is the only feature I feel is missing right now. I don't mind how long it takes to process everything, I just want my 2 hour capture to have a complete GPS recording that's not split up :(

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have been using MP4 joiner, the free one, and it has a glitch, where the video freezes at the stitch point.  super frustrating.  All the more frustrating I called Go Pro today and the over seas gal was like let's review your operating system on your laptop???  

Anyway, I just need the best stitiching software available period.  So I can stitch my clips of my sons hockey game together, seems like a really basic need for GoPro use.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@chrissandstorm - To join clips, you should be able to use most any editor. On a PC, VSDC is a good free editor. On Mac, iMovie is a good option. I don't know the MP4 joiner. Which program is that?

Thanks,
Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Don't be afraid of the command line folks, the time you spend typing it in will be way less than scouring google for a free app made out of somebody's garage in china and save you the anxiety of possibly installing malware or adware crap all over your computer. 

To address the question above about ffmpeg preserving GPS data, that I am not sure of, you'd have to try it out.

Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Studio is not supported anymore 

Highlighted
Sightseer

None of the previous solutions worked for me, so here's how I did it. I found it here.

https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/7694/easiest-way-to-stitch-gopro-videos-that-have-been-spl...

Basically you use a free program called avidemux.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

To use the program, drag the files you want to join into the program one-by-one. Then under "Output Format," select MP4v2 Muxer (if someone can tell me why you have to do this, that would be appreciated). Then in the "File" menu, select "Save." That's it! To start a new project, clear the old one by selecting "close." Can't get any simpler than that.

It drives me nuts how GoPro names the files. It is so annoying that I have to spend so much time dealing with these convoluted file names. Why doesn't GoPro listen to its users? They should also get rid of the archaic file size limits. The files from my Sony 4K camcorder can record over 3 hours into one file. Why can't GoPro give us this option?

Highlighted
Sightseer

gopro sucks!! You would think when you set gopro to loop recrord when turned on until you tell it to stop. This 5 minute loop multiple times then have to figure out how to make them one video sucks. Wish I would have bought a cheap china camera that truly loop records. So much for the easy to use advertisement.