Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

How to retain GoPro max GPS

[ New ]

I tried to convert my max 360 video with gopro player on windows PC. But I can't check retain GPMF data as it is inactive by default. How can I convert my *.360 => *.mov with GPS data? 

PS- I use Windows and android

1.png
GoPro

Re: How to retain GoPro max GPS

[ New ]

Sorry about that, @kasunaaa. The function is not supported in the current version of the GoPro Player on Windows. Our team is aware and will defiitely post back once we have new information. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya Please take this as a request to send to your developmet team to correct this issue ASAP. This may effect lots of trusted GoPro users. For me this is a primary requrement and now my newly bought Max became useless without this GPS data. 

Please tell me  if I process same files on a apple phone or mac OS can I get a video with GPS data? Just to give a try. I don't owe any apple device and I can't afford at this time. If it is possible I may give a try borrwong my frieds device. What are the minimum requirements of the Mac or apple devices?

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @kasunaaa. GoPro MAX and Fusion are compatible with iOS devices with A10 chips and above (iPhone 7 and newer). For reference, see 360 Media Support in the GoPro App

Please note that GPS Performance Stickers in the GoPro App is only supported on videos in HERO mode (MAX).

Hiker

[ New ]

You know, it's been like a year and a half since Max has been out. :) This should've been done before the release of Max 

@mariustanya wrote:

Sorry about that, @kasunaaa. The function is not supported in the current version of the GoPro Player on Windows. Our team is aware and will defiitely post back once we have new information. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

"Please note that GPS Performance Stickers in the GoPro App is only supported on videos in HERO mode (MAX)"

What?? it means we won't record any 360 with MAX with GPS  ? That is such a dissapointment

Tourist

[ New ]

Any updates about .360 files with GPS Data (on windows gopro player)?

Actually, using the Gopro apps in my android device, i was able to edit 360º angles and after that put gps data... but there is a problem: the gps speed info has a fraction of second delay between the real speed and the gps speed... you can see what im trying to explain in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePUe6N41Eg4&ab_channel=Lucas

Thanks