08-05-2019 04:27 AM
So... is it possible to use the GoPro VR plugins on macOS using the newest Premiere Pro CC 2019 - 13.1.4 (Build 2)?
For me, it only works in After Effects, which is a huge pain.
- macOS 10.14.5 (18F203)
- Premiere Pro CC 2019 - 13.1.4 (Build 2)
- Fusion Studio 1.4
- GoPro VR plugins - https://community.gopro.com/html/assets/GoProVRPlugins_Mac_HighSierra_102.zip
am I missing something?
Thank you for answering!
08-05-2019 07:05 AM
I hate to answer my own question, but I figured it out... Here was my situation:
- Premiere Pro CC 2019 is installed
- Fusion Studio 1.4 is installed
- GoPro VR plugins were installed (like 1'000 times...)
Here's how I got Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 working with the GoPro VR plugins:
- Make sure Premiere Pro is closed
- Open Finder and navigate to
Macintosh HD ▸ Applications ▸ Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 ▸ Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019.app ▸ Contents ▸ Plug-Ins ▸ Common
You need to right-click on "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019.app" and select "show package contents" to go farther
- Locate the folder called "GoPro" and rename it to "GoPro_" (or to something else. You could also delete it, but it's easier to undo if just rename it)
- download the plugins from https://community.gopro.com/html/assets/GoProVRPlugins_Mac_HighSierra_102.zip
- unzip and install the dmg once ready
The installation still said "zero bytes", but this time it worked!
Hope this helps! Have a good one!
09-07-2019 02:14 PM
I installed the plugins successfully on Windows following this https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion
For some reason, after months of working great, they have stopped working. They produce glitchy images now. Will keep debugging...
09-07-2019 03:36 PM
It's funny. The plugins still work well in Premiere, but not at all in After Effects. I switched to another computer, same problem. Downgraded to an older version of After Effects, same problem. All 3 plugins produce glitchy images. They worked well until yesterday literally. Will have to look deeper into After Effects settings, but I'm baffled.
10-02-2019 12:30 AM
Thanks @nicemesa678, those instructions worked for getting the plugins to show up in Premiere 2019 for me.
However any time I try and use the plugin or change a setting, I get the error:
A low-level exception occurred in: AE.GoPro VR Reframe (GPUVideoFilter::CreateInstance).
I'm on a 2018 macbook air.
10-09-2019 07:43 AM
I get a KEY symbol wher I would enter my password in TERMINAL and it won't let me enter anything. Any suggestions would be a great help as I have a project I need to edit.