Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: How to install Fusion Plugins in Premiere Pro 2019?

So... is it possible to use the GoPro VR plugins on macOS using the newest Premiere Pro CC 2019 - 13.1.4 (Build 2)?

For me, it only works in After Effects, which is a huge pain.

I've installed:

am I missing something?

Thank you for answering!

Highlighted
Tourist

I hate to answer my own question, but I figured it out... Here was my situation:

• Premiere Pro CC 2019 is installed
  • Fusion Studio 1.4 is installed
  • GoPro VR plugins were installed (like 1'000 times...)

Here's how I got Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 working with the GoPro VR plugins:

1. Make sure Premiere Pro is closed
  2. Open Finder and navigate to 
    ‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019.app⁩ ▸ ⁨Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Plug-Ins⁩ ▸ ⁨Common⁩
    You need to right-click on "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019.app" and select "show package contents" to go farther
  3. Locate the folder called "GoPro" and rename it to "GoPro_" (or to something else. You could also delete it, but it's easier to undo if just rename it)
  4. download the plugins from https://community.gopro.com/html/assets/GoProVRPlugins_Mac_HighSierra_102.zip
  5. unzip and install the dmg once ready

The installation still said "zero bytes", but this time it worked!

Hope this helps! Have a good one!

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi, I still can't see the plug-ins after following the steps of @nicemesa678 

I would appreciate any other suggestions :)

Highlighted
Nomad

I installed the plugins successfully on Windows following this https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion

For some reason, after months of working great, they have stopped working. They produce glitchy images now. Will keep debugging...

Highlighted
Nomad

It's funny. The plugins still work well in Premiere, but not at all in After Effects. I switched to another computer, same problem. Downgraded to an older version of After Effects, same problem. All 3 plugins produce glitchy images. They worked well until yesterday literally. Will have to look deeper into After Effects settings, but I'm baffled.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks @nicemesa678, those instructions worked for getting the plugins to show up in Premiere 2019 for me.

However any time I try and use the plugin or change a setting, I get the error:

A low-level exception occurred in: AE.GoPro VR Reframe (GPUVideoFilter::CreateInstance).

I'm on a 2018 macbook air.

Highlighted
Tourist

There was a Premiere Pro update yesterday, my gopro plugins, which had been broken due to a recent OS update, seem to be working again.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I get a KEY symbol wher I would enter my password in TERMINAL and it won't let me enter anything. Any suggestions would be a great help as I have a project I need to edit.

Thanks!