Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

How to install Fusion Plugins in Premiere Pro 2019?

[ New ]

Hello,

I would like to use GoPro VR Plugins within Premiere 2019 but even after a new installation they dont’t show up.

I read on the forum that you could provide a fix. Could you please send it to me?

I’m on Windows 10m 64bits and used the plugins previously in th 2018 Premiere version.

With kind regards,

Olivier

Hiker

Re: How to install Fusion Plugins in Premiere Pro 2019?

[ New ]

Hey @guernegor

As of right now, Adobe premiere 2019 does not support the GoPro reframe plugin. If you're going to be reframing Fusion content in Premiere, you have to use the 2018 version. It most likely will work in the future, it's just that for now, the 2019 version doesn't support the plugin. If you do not have it anymore, open the Adobe desktop app and right click on the Premiere download and click previous versions. Once installed, the reframe installation is like how you did it before. Hope that answered your question! :)

Alex

Tourist

[ New ]

I am trying to use reframe on a mac. I reinstalled PP2018 and downloaded the plug-ins but the plug-in doesn't show up in either PP18 or 19.

Tourist

[ New ]

I answered my own question. (sorry) I found a download link here: http://360rumors.com/2017/11/download-gopro-vr-reframe-360-video-plugins-free.html

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

We have put together some instructions on how to install the plugins. Since these steps involve some non-GoPro products, please be aware that the decision to use them is each person's responsibility.

On Mac (Existing users who have Fusion Studio and previous Adobe 2018 applications installed):

1. Quit running any copy of Premiere you have open.
  2. Open the terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app).
  3. Cut and paste this command (without the surrounding double-quotes) into terminal: "sudo cp -a /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2018/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2018.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common/GoPro /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common"

[Note: It will prompt you for your password, and it takes a while to complete this step since you're actually copying three apps.]

1. Relaunch Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 and verify if the plugins moved to the new application update.

On Mac (New users who never used Fusion Studio or never installed Adobe 2018 applications before):

1. Download the zip file at https://bit.ly/2QFFJmp
  2. Expand the .zip file link above by double-clicking on it.
  3. Open the terminal app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)

[The following commands assume you expanded the .zip file in your Downloads folder.  If not, replace "~/Downloads" with the path to wherever you did expand it (e.g., wherever the GoProVRPluginsMac folder is).]

1. Run this command to install the plugins for Premiere Pro 2019:
    (NOTE: The commands will prompt you to enter your password)
    sudo cp -a ~/Downloads/GoProVRPluginsMac/PP/GoPro /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC\ 2019.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/Common

1. Run this command to install the plugins for After Effects 2019:
    sudo cp -a ~/Downloads/GoProVRPluginsMac/AE/GoPro /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2019/Plug-Ins

On Windows: (Existing and New Users):

1. Go to the folders at https://www.dropbox.com/s/1icwwdje895f1ax/GoProVRPlugins.zip?dl=0
  2. Download and move the contents of “YourPremiereFolder” to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019"
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Heads up that we have just released a beta update for the Fusion and GoPro Fusion Studio, that also includes a download for the Adobe Premiere and After Effects VR plug-ins. Details are at https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Beta-Updates-for-Fusion-and-for-GoPro-Fusion-Studio-Now/m-p/2...

Sightseer
Sightseer

[ New ]

YESSS!! THANK YOU for these new beta links for Premiere 2019 plugin installs and new fusion beta!

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion

GoPro

[ New ]

You are welcome, @lkr. Let us know how it works out for you. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried installing the new Fusion and VR plug-ins in Premiere Pro cc 2019 but they still don't show up in the 'video effects' folder inside the Effects tab. I noticed that the 3 plug-ins that have appeared in the 'Plug-ins\Common\GoPro' folder are dated 29/10/2018. Is it possible that the new plug-ins are not being installed properly and the old ones are still being referenced ?

2019-01-17 (4).png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @crawfordm063, have you gone through this part of installing plugins? (Please see below)

Special note on installation for plug-ins:

• If you install any version of Fusion Studio (1.3 or 1.4 Beta), the installers will install the old plug-ins.
  • After you install Fusion Studio (any version), remember to install the Adobe plug-ins from the links here to install the versions that support the 2019 versions of Premiere and After Effects.

Hope to hear back from you. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi mariustanya,

Thanks for responding.

I have installed the new plug-ins from the link, which is why I was surprised at the date on the ones in my folder. Since my original post I have been experimenting by uninstalling everything - Premiere Pro/ Insta 360 Studio + GoPro Fusion/plug-ins and I have discovered that after I install the Fusion Studio I can no longer import the files from my Insta 360 One X as Premiere says 'file format not supported'. I'm at a loss at this point as to what is going on but I've reverted back to just having Premiere and the Insta 360 Studio so that I can at least import my 360 files into Premiere. I wonder if anyone out there, or maybe even you, would be able to have a look in their plug-ins folder and see what the date on the plug-ins are ? I'd be interested to see if I have got older ones somehow. It's a bit annoying because the Reframe plug in from GoPro looks like it is exactly what I need to produce really nice videos from 360 footage. Maybe some day...........

GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to hear back from you, @crawfordm063. We just updated the link for the plugins for Windows. If you are using a Windows computer, get the updated link here https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion . If you are using a Mac,you would already have the correct link, and if the issue still persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Sightseer

[ New ]
I'm really very upset about installing these plugins. I lost all day, focused and trying all the possibilities so that they appear within the Premiere and all attempts frustrated. I really hope to have a comeback and support to solve my problem, or else I will have to return the GoPro Fusion I bought. There is no point filming in 360 without having the conditions to edit and have all the return of investment that the product can offer.

I use a MAC and I followed its last recommendation of installation by the Terminal but also without success.

Awaiting return,
Tourist

[ New ]
I bought a GoPro Fusion and I am very happy to use this camera ....
I made the update (Fusion 2.0 Beta Update for your GoPro Fusion) ...
I installed New Firmware v2. 0 - New GoPro Fusion Studio v1.4 - New Adobe Premiere CC 2019 Plug-ins

All of these updates work well on the computer.
The only problem is that the GoPro App for Android
does not work on my Samsung Galaxy S9 + when the new firmware v2.0
is installed on the GoPro Fusion ...

Please, do you have a link for to download the
GoPro Android App version that works with the firmware v2.0 ?..

Thank you very much for your next reply
Best Regards
Sightseer

[ New ]

If you do not have it anymore, open the Adobe desktop app and right click on the Premiere download and click previous versions

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello

The link for Mac to make the plugins work on adobe 2019 only works for After effects. No matter what I do the plugins will not show up in Premiere pro. 

PLEASE HELP

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello

The link for Mac to make the plugins work on adobe 2019 only works for After effects. No matter what I do the plugins will not show up in Premiere pro. 

PLEASE HELP

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @buzzykiwi. If you have already gone through the steps detailed in the link and it still does not work, let our Support team help. You may connect with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . When you do, please make sure that you have access to your computer, the Internet and your Fusion camera. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Im having exactly the same problems.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @feliperhommel,

Just to verify, have you already downloaded Fusion Studio v1.4 and installed the Fusion plug-ins for Adobe Premiere 2019 using the download links in this article? After you installed Fusion Studio (any version), remember to install the Adobe plug-ins to install the versions that support the 2019 versions of Premiere.

If you've already gone through those steps to no avail, please let our Support team know so they can look further into details and assist you on the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Kind Regards,

Ann

Tourist

[ New ]

I FOUND THE ANSWER :)

For anyone else who was searching for hours with no luck.

I updated Adobe Premeiere pro 2019 to the newest version and now the GoPro plugins show up.

I did already have Premiere Pro 2019 but there must be a newer update of the same year that I had not downloaded.

SOLVED.

Hope it helps others out there 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for posting back @buzzykiwi

This will greatly help other users who may be facing the same situation.

Sightseer

[ New ]

The plugins still do not work properly.  After weeks of research and finally finding the advise here of installing the 2019 beta plugins, Adobe Media Encoder now gives me the middle finger with Error code: -1609629695.  

Adobe Media Encoder exported 360 videos with only a few issues for the past few months...but after the beta plugin install I get...Error code: -1609629695.  The only way I can now export 360 videos is with Premiere.  So now I have to WAIT for Premiere and NOT continue working UNINTERRUPTED with Media Encoder.  Gee thanks yall.  I was not really hoping for more wasting of my time but I will just have to swallow it correct?  When things don't work it's a waste of my time or in other words...my family doesn't eat because professonal work does not pay for issues, it pays for results.

Not cool and a huge let down for my expectations from GoPro and Adobe.  I would love to produce 360 videos but with all the errors and issues with Adobe & GoPro...it's been 3+ months working thru the issues and I am still not able to produce "professional" results.  "Professional" for me means: things work and I make money.

I can produce a 360 video...but without the GoPro VR effects...but what if my clients need the GoPro VR effects? 

So what did I pay for?  $600+ for the Fusion, $57ish per month for Adobe, $1,600+ for the new computer to process the new toys...what do I have to show for it....nothing, only the middle finger and another issue I will need to research, figure out, install, experiment and finally see what happens....then MAYBE everything will work the same as all the advertisements that I read before I commited to my purchase...or maybe not.

Why should I have to take the time and go back to an old version (Adobe 2018) or experiment with a BS beta version when I purchased the newest latest and greatest?

PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP...FIX THE ISSUES!

How often have a read something like this...it's been way longer for some people and still all kinds of issues with Adobe and GoPro.  Intead of GoPro with Adobe...I guess I will just Go**bleep** Myself.

I just want the stuff I purchased to work properly.  360 is super cool...but not for professional results.  I now qualify with my clients that if you want a 360 video, GoPro and Adobe are buggy and do not always work correctly so please understand the end results are experimental.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thank you, it works perfectly!
Tourist

[ New ]

So... is it possible to use the GoPro VR plugins on macOS using the newest Premiere Pro CC 2019 - 13.1.4 (Build 2)?

For me, it only works in After Effects, which is a huge pain.

I've installed:

am I missing something?

Thank you for answering!

Tourist

[ New ]

I hate to answer my own question, but I figured it out... Here was my situation:

• Premiere Pro CC 2019 is installed
  • Fusion Studio 1.4 is installed
  • GoPro VR plugins were installed (like 1'000 times...)

Here's how I got Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 working with the GoPro VR plugins:

1. Make sure Premiere Pro is closed
  2. Open Finder and navigate to 
    ‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019.app⁩ ▸ ⁨Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Plug-Ins⁩ ▸ ⁨Common⁩
    You need to right-click on "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019.app" and select "show package contents" to go farther
  3. Locate the folder called "GoPro" and rename it to "GoPro_" (or to something else. You could also delete it, but it's easier to undo if just rename it)
  4. download the plugins from https://community.gopro.com/html/assets/GoProVRPlugins_Mac_HighSierra_102.zip
  5. unzip and install the dmg once ready

The installation still said "zero bytes", but this time it worked!

Hope this helps! Have a good one!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I still can't see the plug-ins after following the steps of @nicemesa678 

I would appreciate any other suggestions :)

Nomad

[ New ]

I installed the plugins successfully on Windows following this https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion

For some reason, after months of working great, they have stopped working. They produce glitchy images now. Will keep debugging...

Nomad

[ New ]

It's funny. The plugins still work well in Premiere, but not at all in After Effects. I switched to another computer, same problem. Downgraded to an older version of After Effects, same problem. All 3 plugins produce glitchy images. They worked well until yesterday literally. Will have to look deeper into After Effects settings, but I'm baffled.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks @nicemesa678, those instructions worked for getting the plugins to show up in Premiere 2019 for me.

However any time I try and use the plugin or change a setting, I get the error:

A low-level exception occurred in: AE.GoPro VR Reframe (GPUVideoFilter::CreateInstance).

I'm on a 2018 macbook air.

Tourist

[ New ]

There was a Premiere Pro update yesterday, my gopro plugins, which had been broken due to a recent OS update, seem to be working again.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I get a KEY symbol wher I would enter my password in TERMINAL and it won't let me enter anything. Any suggestions would be a great help as I have a project I need to edit.

Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Where are the advanced controls on the plugin for Premiere in Windows?