Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

How to delete GoPro files from computer without deleting from GoPro cloud?

[ New ]

I have GoPro cloud, so I want to delete GoPro video files from my computer. When I right click to delete from GoPro Quik, I get a warning message saying the action will delete the file from Quik and the cloud.  How to I delete the file from my computer without deleting it from the cloud?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How to delete GoPro files from computer without deleting from GoPro cloud?

[ New ]

Hello, @krs21713. After making certain that your media have been saved to the PLUS cloud, you can delete the files from your computer ( file finder or file explorer) instead of from Quik. 

First, locate the storage folder for the files through this path: /Users/<YourUserName>/Pictures/GoPro - Mac . 

Should you need your media, you can download them from plus.gopro.com to your computer but they may not be accessible through Quik for desktop again.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: How to delete GoPro files from computer without deleting from GoPro cloud?

[ New ]

Hello, @krs21713. After making certain that your media have been saved to the PLUS cloud, you can delete the files from your computer ( file finder or file explorer) instead of from Quik. 

First, locate the storage folder for the files through this path: /Users/<YourUserName>/Pictures/GoPro - Mac . 

Should you need your media, you can download them from plus.gopro.com to your computer but they may not be accessible through Quik for desktop again.