Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

How do you delete the yellow highlight tag from a video in the iPhone app?

I can't see a way to remove the tags through the iphone app. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How do you delete the yellow highlight tag from a video in the iPhone app?

Hi @tomh3rtz

Please check this article Add/Remove Highlight Tags When Reviewing Footage in Quik for desktop

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

The link is for Quik for Desktop. I’m referring to the iPhone app.
Highlighted
GoPro

@tomh3rtz, you can remove these HiLight Tags on your video clip by opening the footage on the camera's playback screen, then tap the orange markers or badge along the playback slider. This process is pretty much the same as deleting the tags through the Quik for Desktop applications. However, this feature isn't applicable via GoPro App on mobile devices -- the app will only allow you to add HiLight Tags in the video. For reference, see this article.

Highlighted
Tourist

So once a hilight is added in the iOS app it cannot be removed? This is my situation. I added hilights on iPad, I would like to remove some now.

The hilights I added on iPad don't appear in Quik for Desktop, so I can't remove them there.

Room for improvement here. :)

Highlighted
Sightseer

Is there any update to removing hilight tags in iOS app?
So frustrating if not.
Highlighted
Tourist

have anyone found a solution to this ? I made hilight tag on Gopro app after I was reviewing the footage and now some of the tags I like to remove. Im not using any Gopro desktop apps only iPhone ios app. 

Highlighted
Hiker

This is not cool at all, to not be able to remove hilight tags on mobile. Thankfully I just started trying to use them but my recourse is to delete the file and redownload it. Thankfully it was just a 38-second 4k clip but it still takes several minutes to redownload. This needs to be addressed. Hilights are an important part of ensuring your Story is generated the way you want.