Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

How do I stream video directly to my PC with a hero 8?

[ New ]

How do I stream video directly to my PC with a hero 8?  I can not believe how frustrated I am at my brand new GoPro Hero 8. All I want to do is plug it into my PC and be able to stream the video. It is not that complicated, my 8 year old Nikon DSLR can do it, my phone can do it. Making a video camera that can't output it's stream is like making a word processor with no fonts, it is absolutely ludicous. Camera is great, unbelievably terrible PC software and compatibility.  Someone please HELP!!!

GoPro

Re: How do I stream video directly to my PC with a hero 8?

[ New ]

Hello, @ach619. Check out this article to get to know the different ways that you can stream video using your GoPro camera. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Wait are you serious? If you are, what you're saying is I need a $300.00 usb media transfer stick and a $70.00 case to get video footage out of a video camera. That is beyond rediculous. Camcorders in the 90's had video out ports. This article can't be correct, ...right.  There HAS to be a way to just plug into the usb c slot and get the video out.

Tourist

[ New ]

~(crickets)~ So is there a way to use my brand new GoPro hero 8 black as a webcam? Without spending $350.00 on the Cam Link 4k or $500.00 on the Magewell as the article you posted suggests. BTW (both of which currently cost more then the price of the GoPro).