Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

How do I simply join all the split up video clips.

[ New ]

I'm kind of pissed after buying the Hero 8 to find that my long videos inexplicably get diced up into a multitude of short video clips. The only thing I could find on the web is that it's to prevent corruption from destroying an entire video (that I guess splitting them means only one small clip will get corrupted). Fine, whatever (I'd rather this be a preference in the camera to split or not split video), but how is there not a way to easily join the clips back together when offloading from the camera?!?!

I got the GoPro Quik app expecting this would be the solution (why did I have to make an account just to use the app?), and found that, nope, it doesn't easily join the clips. I'm going to almost always be shooting long videos, and all I want is a quick one or two-click way to join the clips back into the one long video that I shot... with no recompression. Quik appears to just be a simple editor. I don't want to edit these, I don't want to do any work just to join these clips back together. I just want to select my clips and click a button "Join" and a full video gets stitched together, in order, from the clips... with no recompressing so that the one long video gets assembled quickly and losslessly. Or, ideally, just check a box before importing into Quik and have the clips get joined as it imports. I do want to edit my video, but using a professional editor and my one long video file. I don't want to have to manage a bunch of randomly split short clips.

Please make an option in Quik, or make another standalone utility app, where I can select all of these split clips and quickly stitch them back together into the one long video that I initially shot.

GoPro

Re: How do I simply join all the split up video clips.

[ New ]

Hello, @seanm3166. You may use other programs to view and edit your GoPro footage. There is also a list of programs here that you can check out. 

Alternatively, you can explore the use of the GoPro App for multi-clip editing. These steps will guide you through the process.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, thanks so much for responding. I appreciate it. However, all of your links reference editing programs, which I already have an don't need. What I'm looking for is a simple utility to stitch together all of the broken GoPro clips back into one long video file, which I will then bring into an editor to edit. I don't want to have to burn time manually managing/editing the 20+ clips that the GoPro camera breaks up back into one file, and especially don't want the clips recompressed.

I'm actually looking for something like this link and screenshot below, where it's a simple window, and I select all my clips, drag them into the window, click join, and it spits out one seamless, un-recompressed file with all of the clips joined back together. Unfortunately, this particular app doesn't work and just crashes or spits out a corrupt file, so it's useless. The main reason for un-recompressed process is that, without recompressing, it will stitch/process the files quickly. If an app has to recompress video, it takes a long time to process.

https://www.mp4joiner.org/en/

If anyone knows of a simple mp4 joining/stitching utility for the Mac. Please let me know. Thank You!

I wish GoPro would just make this utility, or incorporate it into the Quik app. It's irritating that GoPro designed their camera to break up your one long video into separate files, but offers no simple, one-click way to fix/stitch them back together. How it should work is that the camera should flag start and stop times, and the Quik app should just automatically see which clips belong to each start/stop recording and stitch them back together on import.

MP4 Joiner.jpg
Sightseer

[ New ]

I'd like to know this too.  I too purchased a Hero 8 and will typically be taking just under 2 hour long videos that I want to share

I get a bunch of just under 12 minute clips with no clear way to stich together.

I joined the Plus account for Cloud.  I had a problem uploading the video and I found the next day I had one long video.  I'm on my second large upload currently.  maybe the cloud will stitch them?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @lonkelm and @seanm3166. It is only through post-processing that the split/chaptered files can be joined. Chaptering is automatically done in the camera and not something that can be adjusted. 

You might want to explore GoPro Labs. It features QR-coded functions, one of which is chaptering for up to 12GB (instead of the current 4GB). Visit the GoPro Labs page for details. 

@lonkelm. The only way for a single, long video to be uploaded to cloud as-is is if the upload is done via auto upload, that is with the camera as a hub. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi mariustanya,

I upgraded the labs firmware and was this close to doing the QR code to enable the 12GB feature, and while this wouldn't solve the problem of being able to turn a one, two, or three-hour extended capture into one giant video file, the slightly longer clips/chapters would still be welcome. But right before I was about to do the QR code, I read the "Warning" which said, "Warning: Larger chapters may not work everywhere in the ecosystem, even the camera will not playback or USB transfer files larger than 4GB in this current firmware. Yet the files are valid and accessible using a SD Card reader, and have been tested to work in many tools." Unfortunately, this makes the feature a deal-breaker. I'm looking for more functionality in my camera, not something that will cripple other features.

And I understand your note that it's "only through post-processing that the split/chaptered files can be joined." This makes sense and is perfectly fine. This is what I'd prefer, either an option in the "GoPro Quik" desktop app to join clips, or preferably a separate software app/utility where I can drag my clips into a window, it sorts them all in order, and with a click, a joined file (with no recompression) gets exported. There actually is an app like this I used years ago before I had my GoPro, It was a perfect and simple one-trick-pony utility, but it's so old and hasn't been updated in so long that it no longer works with newer MP4 formats, so, unfortunately, it's useless now, but it was the perfect joining app: https://www.mp4joiner.org/en/

But thanks for the tip. Hopefully, GoPro will take under consideration of adding either an option in the Quik app, or a separate software utility to make a chapter joining feature for short clips, like the mp4joiner app above.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback. @seanm3166

We'll have this shared with the team. Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

The App is designed by children for children and is full of bugs, broken UI decisions and missing functionality.

I posted previously about this.

Additionally, the lack of a convenient mechanism to stitch files into a single large file demonstrates how little clue you have about what needs to be done.

(Hint: If you must pretend you know more than your users, you could even stitch the files automatically at file transfer, since you know exactly which files constitute a single video session.)

The sticker function is totally screwed up as well, and AFAIK adding the stickers is necessary before sending the file to some real video application on an actual computer.

Here is the most simple task that needs to be done constantly for longer recordings of video that needs the GPS data.

1. Stitch several consecutively recorded files on the GoPro camera into one file.
  2. Add stickers.
  3. Trim the start & end.
  4. Place file on PC/Mac

Good luck trying!

IMG_0474[1].PNG
Tourist

[ New ]

This is such a pain. GoPro needs to learn from DJI drone cameras where one large file is created of the entire video. And in 2 years and multiple crashes, I have never had a single coruption of that large file.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hallo @mariustanya . Ich schlage mich mit dem gleichen Problem umher... Die Segmentierung nervt. Ich habe heute eine längere Sequenz mit dem Mountainbike gefilmt (Kino/4K/30/W). Nun habe ich fünf Clips von 8 Minuten 52 Sekunden und einen Clip von 7 Minuten, die ich nicht nahtlos zusammensetzen kann (Audio). Der Übergang von Clip zu Clip ist hörbar (iMovie). Gibt es dafür eine saubere Lösung für Mac? Finde ich irgenwo eine Anleitung, wie ich die Clips sauber (ohne "Knacken") zusammenfügen kann (Youtube)? Danke! 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @vitalhike1606. This chaptering is intentional so in the event of a jolt or crash that causes a file to become corrupted, only a portion of your video will be affected and not the whole thing. While there is a file recovery feature in the camera, chaptering is a precaution step just in case the feature is unable to fix the video.

You can check this list of editing applications that work well with GoPro files as shared by a Hub member. 

There are also some software suggestions in this article that will help: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Programs-to-View-and-Edit-Videos/ta-p/399573 

If you would like product or tutorial videos to better understand these other applications, I recommend searching online video hosting websites (such as Youtube, Vimeo, etc) for published videos or other 3rd party generated content.  

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi aunriquez,

We appreciate the response, but your solution(s), while they will work, is a lot of extra work and time to just stitch a bunch of chopped up clips back together. It's like GoPro saying, "Hey, we chopped up your clips to protect them from an accident... Wait, what? You want them stitched back together after offloading the clips on your computer? That's your problem. Go out and buy a video editor and fix it yourself or something. Not our problem."

The issue with video editors is the work involved to fix these chopped up clips. Import clips, line them up in the timeline, adjust the export settings, export video, wait 2-3 HOURS for a RECOMPRESSED video to be built,... while waiting, contemplate, "Why is this my problem to solve? I just wanted to shoot a cool, long video"

While I have no problem with GoPro chopping up my long video into separate clips to protect them, I'd think GoPro would also be there to offer a simple solution/utility to stitch the videos back together after the fact, to FIX the video that they broke up. That's the irony right there. In trying to protect the video from being damaged/broken, GoPro decided to damage/break the video by chopping it up into small chunks... without providing a fix.

See my post in this thread from April 14,... this ancient video merging utility was perfect but hasn't been updated in forever, and it now only spits our errors with newer video formats, so it's useless. But that's what we need. A one or two-click solution with no re-compression (for quick export) to fix our chopped up videos. GoPro has the Quik app. This would have been the perfect place to incorporate a "Stitch" utility. Sadly it looks like it's no longer under development. Maybe GoPro is getting out of the software game, which would be a shame because we all really need a simple video stitching utility.

We do appreciate the reply, but the search is for a simple and easy solution, rather than clumsy workarounds. If there's a place beyond this support hub to submit feedback/suggestions to GoPro, please let us know.

Sightseer

[ New ]

i have the same desire, and i bet there are many more users.

i bought the GoPro Hero8 as my first gopro device. I did little research, assuming that GoPro- a well known and long existing company- sells high quality stuff.

I was then already badly suprised that you could record only for about 60minutes with one battery.

And now GoPro doesn't faciltate stitching these segment either.

I already regret my purchase.

sean described it very accurately:

"GoPro: "Hey, we chopped up your clips to protect them from an accident... Wait, what? You want them stitched back together after offloading the clips on your computer? That's your problem. Go out and buy a video editor and fix it yourself or something. Not our problem.""

you'd expect the stitching to be one of the first features developed in Quick... really disappointed,

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello  @mariustanya  

I also struggling. Just recorded an hours video (1080/24 the lowest possible i believe?). Now I have 6 short videos about 4GB each and there is no way I have 24GB on the computer to edit them into one video before creating a file to then share on Vimeo.

What is the best way of doing this? 

Either importing in a smaller format or upload and create one long video online/cloud?

Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

Welcome to the world of broken software design.

There is obviously no one at GoPro with a clue how their hardware is used. They have designed it for 12 yo girls who take 3 minute videos of exploding cats and post them to Instagram. I am sure those users exist, but that is not an excuse for the abominable software decisions they have made with the GoPro8.

The product is unusable.

Sure, you can record just an hour of video (that's consistent with older models too), but having done so there is no way to do anything with all the file fragments.

I have a whole thread about the issues, most of which are just inexcusable.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Things-that-are-broken-unusable-or-dysfunctiona...

Hiker

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks @philipl3616  - it's challenging and not ideal at all. I managed to open them from the SD card in quicktime, then upload in low resolution and add to imovie and then bring the files together. But it takes so much space on the computer! Thanks for replying though ;-) 

Tourist

[ New ]

Tank you for responding, this does not meet my requirements and I will be returning all recently purchased GoPro gear...very disappointed that I invested this far only to hit this insane roadblock

Tourist

[ New ]

I found myself wondering this myself and I feel like there's a valid reason why it behaves this way in the first place, and I can't blame GoPro for it.  The MicroSD card that's inserted in the camera is formatted to FAT32 which limits the file size to 4GB.  FAT32 is old, but it's very universal and plays nice with all operating systems.  It would be a nice feature if GoPro gave us an option of FAT32 or NTFS.  NTFS would be a format that could support files larger than 4GB and prevent the splitting of videos in the first place.  For anyone wanting to merge the small files together, a nice free option is DaVinci Resolve.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yep, that's what I'm figuring too, that it's a limitation with the SD Card format. But, I've also heard that it's also a safety measure in case the video gets corrupted, you only lose a short clip, rather than the entire video. But, I don't know if this is true or not. I do know that in GoPro Labs, they are experimenting with longer chaptered clips/12GB files. These beta tests are open to the public, and it requires a firmware update. I don't know if it's actually reformatting the SD card or not. I was going to try it out but I read that this experimental firmware, while making files larger, will cripple some other features (like, you won't be able to play the video back in the camera, you can only offload to a computer to view them). So, I bailed on the update (I want more features, not trade-offs). Plus, it doesn't solve the actual problem. Yes, you get longer clips, but a really long video is still going to be broken up into these longer 12GB clips. So you'd be back to square one.

An NTFS option would be welcome, but my biggest beef right now is that GoPro doesn't provide a simple app/utility to stitch the clips back together when you offload all of the randomly chopped up clips to your desktop. Sure, break up all the clips for "this" or "that" reason, but they should also provide a way to fix them after the fact. How anyone/everyone on the GoPro engineering/design team would think that no one would ever want a video more than a few minutes long is insane. And sure I can manually edit them back together in any video editor, but that's a lot of time-consuming extra work, and the onus for that work shouldn't be placed on me. The real solution would be GoPro providing a simple app to drag all clips into, click a button, and out spits one full video with all of the clips seamlessly stitched together.

GoPro Labs

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Introducing-GoPro-Labs/ta-p/603173#

Tourist

[ New ]

I agree with you completely.  12GB file size would only be a band-aid and kind of pointless.  Just for the fun of it, I formatted my SD card to NTFS, threw it in the GoPro and was greeted with a corrupt SD card message.  GoPro then prompted me to reformat which just put it back to FAT32.  I'm not buying the rumor about the file size being small in case something goes wrong.  It's a simple limitation issue of FAT32.  Nice talking about geeky stuff with you.

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes, like I wrote in previous posts, the whole workflow is designed for 12 yo girls posting video clips of exploding cats on Instagram via their iPhone. It's simply retarded with a multitude of really bad decisions.

Oh, NTFS is not a suitable file system for an SD, though it doubtless works. exFAT was invented to solve the FAT32 file size issue. Microslith owns some patents on it, but the format is public. I purchased a license for my Synology NAS, I think it was 3 dollars. It's probably a few cents for GoPro to include it on the device.
Nomad

[ New ]
Nomad

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

I really wish GoPro allocated one dev to create a tool to simply merge files instead of gopro studio which no one uses.

Anyways. I have been trying to fix this issue for a year now and initially found a tool called mp4joiner that is supposed to be able to do the trick. But that tool has some issues where the output duration was way too long (10 minutes turns into 5 hours) and there is stutter where the clips are joined.

Today I finally found a solution which works well using ffmpeg, which you probably already have if you do any sort of video editing. If not, google it and install it for free.

The solution is here (scroll down to the windows solution): https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28922352/how-can-i-merge-all-the-videos-in-a-folder-to-make-a-si...

Basically ffmpeg has a concat command which joins video files without reencoding (therefore lossless) and you have to create a bat script which automatically tells ffmpeg to join all files in the same directory. I had to edit the script so it looks for mp4 files instead of avi:

for %%f in (*.mp4) do (
    echo file %%f >> list.txt
)
ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i list.txt -c copy output.mp4
del list.txt

Put it in the directory with your files and run. I have not found an easier solution than this, if anyone has one please share.

Hiker

[ New ]

On my Mac I successfully used.

ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i <(printf "file '$PWD/%s'\n" ./*.mp4) -c copy output.mp4

However while it did create a single file, I still cannot do much with it.

I cannot

• Add GPS data stickers via Quick on OSX as it will not process 60fps 4K
  • Add GPS data stickers via DashWare on Win10 as it won't process 60fps 4K
  • Do anything with the file using DaVinci Resolve (free on App Store) because that application crashes at startup
  • Use the joined file in 29a.ch/lap-analyser as a joined file hangs the app

And so on.

cheers all from a VERY ex-GoPro owner

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue. I wish to have the one hour video I shot, not 9 short clips that the Go Pro 7 Black creates while recordeing extended periods. What is the software to batch conevert them together? I would also like to convert to web size format. I need softeware that combines the videos and out outs at different resolution and formats.

Hiker

[ New ]
ffmpeg is available on all platforms and can do almost anything you might wish regarding file manipulation. You'll want to add stickers from a GoPro app or Quik before you start concatenating and reprocessing though.

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
Tourist

[ New ]

That is cool. Hopefully GoPro will take ffmpeg and make an app that I can drag my videos into a window, click a button, and stitch together all of the short clips generated by the camera.

While I do appreciate the info, I honestly do, I clicked on that ffmpeg and was confronted with a ginormous page of text and cryptic equations to run ffmpeg and I ran screaming. While I'm sure it is cool, I'm not a programmer. I'm just a dork who likes to shoot videos. While ffmpeg may solve the broken clips problem that GoPro created, it creates a new problem, that it's now my job to figure out how to create a program or a script or whatever you call it to join my videos together in the terminal using a bunch of cryptic computer equations. And if the reply is, "No, it's super easy you just type in, 'ffmpeg -i kj f mkv-1*y lhjnp *$3^  j laf _9()8f7iu 0concat(asdf0)- $Rm. ahs las^&l sdflasd ;lkj76poh ao%^(7heri' into a terminal window and you have your video!", then I'm sure the experts at GoPro can use that super easy equation and make a simple window-based application for us plebes to use and to fix the video files that they broke with their cameras. GoPro, are you listening?

And my smart-assness is not directed at you, phlipl3616, it's directed at GoPro who, for some reason, after all these years, still won't provide a simple desktop app-based video stitcher solution for people to fix their broken video clips. Something where you can drag all of your clips into a window, click a button, and out spits a full video file. So easy, even an idiot like me can use it!

Sightseer

[ New ]
This exactly reflects my first thought the instant I saw multiple files and no quick, automatic way to stitch them together.
Sightseer

[ New ]

In fairness, this answer is correct and it seems merging is doable from the GoPro App. 

Of course, for all of us that want to move our videos to our computer for editing this is terribly inconvenient. In my case, I wanted to upload a video of my MTB ride to Rouvy ( a website for cycling indoors that allows people to record their routes ) and of course the first thing I tried was to multi-select in GoPro Quick and 🤷‍♂️to no avail of any options. 

Will use ffmpg as other recomended by this should be supported in GoPro Quick. Is kind of a very basic thing that should be supported. If there is any way to open tickets to the GoPro Engineering or product management team I'm happy to create one.

@mariustanya  ha escrito:

Hello, @seanm3166. You may use other programs to view and edit your GoPro footage. There is also a list of programs here that you can check out. 

Alternatively, you can explore the use of the GoPro App for multi-clip editing. These steps will guide you through the process.  

Hiker

[ New ]

The only solution to this is to get a Sony action camera.  They record one file and don't "chapter" like GoPro's do.  I wish GoPro would allow us to turn off chaptering.  Instead they made bigger chapters that can't be read in their exparamental GoPro labs firmware.  Useless.

You should mark this as the solution.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I am looking for opposite- to cut out beginning and end, keeping middle. I could have started new thread and may but seem to have some knowledgeable people on this thread. I used companion to mp4joiner called mp4 splitter. It worked fine but the resultant videos could not be saved back to camera. I was able to save to sd card but the camera would not recognize the file. I would like to be able to do that if possible. Do not want to re-encode, which gopro quick appears to do. Oh, using hero 3+silver.
Sightseer

[ New ]

If all you want to do is to keep the middle then you can do it from GoPro Quik. I don't have it with me on this computer but there is an option to clip videos.

@hammerash  ha escrito:
I am looking for opposite- to cut out beginning and end, keeping middle. I could have started new thread and may but seem to have some knowledgeable people on this thread. I used companion to mp4joiner called mp4 splitter. It worked fine but the resultant videos could not be saved back to camera. I was able to save to sd card but the camera would not recognize the file. I would like to be able to do that if possible. Do not want to re-encode, which gopro quick appears to do. Oh, using hero 3+silver.

Tourist

[ New ]

Bumping this thread as I'm currently dealing with this unbelievable issue as well. The phone app is obviously not a solution when you're trying to merge multiple 4k video files, not enough space.

When merging in iMovie, there is a loud and noticeable "POP" played where the files are merged - anyone know how to get rid of this as this seems to be the only solution for the time being?

Someone at gopro needs to figure this **bleep** out. What a joke.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Garmin's Virb Edit works well. Which is a shame, but it is the way it is.

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is completely insane. 

How hard can it be to join your split up movie back together. I'd call that a basic thing - like an Oven actually heating things up? 

Go Pro product so good in some ways, yet fall down at something so basic - it's like being sold a car you expect to use right away, only to find yoiu have to source your own wheels. 

I bought the Hero 8 a year ago, direct from Go Pro. I had a problem with it not being recognised by Quick, and that never got resolved during about a dozen calls from a guy who tried to be helpful but wasn't. Turns out, you have to go into setting and turn USB connection from Go Pro Connect to MTP. 

I had a problem with always seeming to take timelapse, when I wanted normal - but found it was pressing the button too long. I've since bought all the mods direct from Go Pro.

Only yesterday, I managed to take 1 hour of footage at the correct speed - only to find, I couldn't easily stitch all the segments back together. 

This is just a basic function. Honestly, without it, the camera is not fit for purpose. It's pretty disgusting to be honest. 

Tourist

[ New ]

This is not an answer to his question. Stop with the phone thing, you can't edit 4k movies on your phone.

Tourist

[ New ]

I just bought a Gopro hero 9.

The product is extremly good designed. But then you make a movie, for me it is doing mountainbike tracks. And then I find that I have 8 parts of one movie. Then I want to edit it on my PC (strange thought) and make it one track again. All the software for PC is not supported anymore. Oh wait you have to edit it on an android phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now who was so stupid to think that people gonna edit 4 k movies on a phone, and discontinue the software for desktop.
Oke that been said how do i sent the product back? It is useless for me

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bouwee704

You may use other programs to view and edit your GoPro footage.

There is also a list of programs here that you can check out. 

Alternatively, you can explore the use of the GoPro App for multi-clip editing.

These steps will guide you through the process.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance

Please submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

I still don't understand why they do this "chapter" thing.  Sony has been doing "one recording" since the beginning of time.  I could fill up the SD card with ONE recording on their action camera if powered externally.  Having chapters leads to many editing problems.  Especially when the camera loses time and you end up with 50 clips out of order (this has happened to me causing my edit time to go from a few hours to a few DAYS).  That along with the bad clipping between chapters is a video creators worst nightmare.

Tourist

[ New ]

Why are you doing this, why?

I don't wanna use my phone to combine the clips, my phone can't handle files that size. And it is to slow for the task.

Why are you doing this, why? can you simply explain why a phone. Do you hate your customers!

Tourist

[ New ]

Listen to your customers!!!!!! 

Tourist

[ New ]

Why do you wanna have an action cam, no matter how good it is, while your files are useless!!!! Why? explain to me why?

Hiker

[ New ]

Welcome to the club of people who thought their new GoPro would be useful. 

Apparently the management at GoPro think their market is children making 2 minute videos of exploding cats and uploading to instagram. Subsequently, they went all-in on a mobile phone-centric work flow that is riddled with software bugs and is so terminally bad in its execution that it beggars belief. Editing 4K files on a phone? WTF were they thinking?

This is what happens when the clueless lead the partially competent.

I sold GoPro 8 after a single use, because the product is unfit for purpose.  It seems nothing changed with the GoPro 9 release.

There's a great opportunity for Sony or some other enterprising hardware company - not that Sony seem very interested or even have a great reputation for software - but hardware they can match and there are real software developers in the world.

Good luck everyone, and I look forward to seeing the market flooded with "almost new" GoPros.

Tourist

[ New ]
We appreciate you replying but this is such a corporate bull**bleep** excuse for this major issue with GoPro. Even if we were to merge with other software, that doesn’t solve the clear and obvious issue of the audio file not merging cleanly. Every spot there is a merged clip there is a distinct pop in the audio file. I shouldn’t have to go in and also edit the audio file just because of laziness from the GoPro software team.
Hiker

[ New ]

GoPro team, why do I keep asking for an option to NOT chapter and keep getting ignored? I record long videos and the GoPro stabilization does work. I need to use Reelsteady to stabilize. I can't use Reelsteedy unless I can join the files. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Shocking how in 2020 this is still a problem!!! What are they thinking @ GoPro Corp??  Fire the dumb engineers that keep telling you this is a feature. It's probably related to some under underlying file system limitation built into the GoPro..

THIS IS LAUGHABLE GOPRO! Fix it.

Nomad

[ New ]

well thinking about how often my camera crashed and locked up requiring a battery pull mid clip - this was a small insurance on their behalf. 

regardless its an aweful labourious process to piece back together at the other end

I EXPECT TO PRESS START RECORDING ........ END RECORDING...... HAVE ONE CLIP........ sure limit it to 60min or so but not every 5-10minutes its such a headache.

easy fix - jump ship other companies who know what customers want and actually care about their feedback - sell the gopro while its still worth something

Hiker

[ New ]
I’ve sold or sent back so many GoPro cameras right after purchasing them, due to their broken promises, false advertising and horrible support. I’m not saying that the support agents aren’t polite. They are. What I’m saying is beyond them being nice, the issues raised never get fixed and are literally ignored.

I unboxed the 9, turned it on, noticed the false ads right away, and sent it back without the first recording.

I’ve had the Max for over two month and it still doesn’t give 360 audio as advertised. I have a thread for this and two support cases. No resolution over that time period. Others say the 360 audio hasn’t worked since the release of the camera.

Honestly there are laws against this. Report false advertising to the FTC.

Regarding the clips / chattering. If you’re not trying to merge the clips and retain the metadata, then it’s easy enough to combine them in post. My issue is that I need the metadata. many of us use the metadata for post stabilization, telemetry overlays, etc. Currently there is no way to combine the clips and retain the metadata.

With this being said. The current file system GoPro uses supports unlimited recording. GoPro could provide the option to turn off chattering in the camera. Just make the camera record unlimited until the card runs out of data. I say option because some people are afraid that one large file might become corrupt and they lose all the footage. Fair enough. Give us the option.