Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

How do I import video to my iPad pro

I’m using a hero three silver and I’d like to import videos without resolution loss how do I do this on my iPad Pro? 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: How do I import video to my iPad pro

@erick250 - Transferring the data from the GoPro directly to the app on the iPad is likely going to move over the mobile-optimized versions of your videos. These are great for sharing on social media, but if you want the original files at full quality, you need to transfer those exact files over.

The way I've done this is to import the files from the GoPro onto my computer first. Then, using those mp4 files, I transfer those to my phone or tablet. You should be able to do this using Airdrop on your Mac. You may also be able to add the files into your iTunes library and sync your iPad so the files transfer onto the iPad.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@erick250 - Transferring the data from the GoPro directly to the app on the iPad is likely going to move over the mobile-optimized versions of your videos. These are great for sharing on social media, but if you want the original files at full quality, you need to transfer those exact files over.

The way I've done this is to import the files from the GoPro onto my computer first. Then, using those mp4 files, I transfer those to my phone or tablet. You should be able to do this using Airdrop on your Mac. You may also be able to add the files into your iTunes library and sync your iPad so the files transfer onto the iPad.

Jeff

Sightseer

Hello, how is this done on a PC? I tried the file sharing within Itunes however nothing happened. Any suggestions?