Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: How do I import media from a non-GoPro camera?

New Hero6 owner here and already getting fed up with GoPros software issues!

This limitation of only able to import GoPro media is just nonsense and is just the first of few items I've encountered as a new user. The hardware is great but software side is very disappointing!

Sightseer

Being unable to mix video from my phone and from my gopro to make a video will only make customers look for other options, and while searching, they might also find other camera options...  Anyway, sad to see GoPro going that lane.  

Tourist

This is super lame. Can't add iPhones photos to Quik Desktop because it doesn't want to recognize them. I've started recommending that my friends buy other brands.

Sightseer

I love Quik video editor, I have had it on my phone and for ages and use it for my business. I've just bought a GoPro and loaded the desktop version of Quik. I was hoping i could bring together my current video files with the new GoPro footage but unfortunately the software disallows it, and will only import GoPro files. I'm dissapointed at GoPro, your adverts denote activity, creativity & freedom, yet your colab software locks your customers. When shopping and researching for a new camera I found you only have a slight advantage over your competitors currently with regard to tech, I'm sure this will change. I personally don't like to be locked in to anything so in the future I may be forced to look at other products of other manufactures, and I'm sure I wont be alone. Apple no longer has a superior product in my and many others opinion, GoPro could go the same way and lose a chunk of the market. Yes there iother video edit software out there, but Quik is very good as you know.

I hope you make positive improvements that value the needs of the customer in the future.

Sightseer

In explorer; go to properties, then detials tab, then go to camera model and change the name to GOPRO.  This file will now show up in the media list in Quik.  

Sightseer

@unclehuff

Hi, how do you edit your mov or mp4 properties?

I can't find Camera maker and Camera model properties under windows and mac..

i also tried ExifTool without success... i'm going crazy.. Smiley Mad

Thanks

Sightseer

I'll add another use case that this is ridiculous. I'm trying to convert my raw GoPro footage to a smaller size so I can hold onto it longer in an external drive. But once I do that, Quik no longer recognizes those converted files (since apparently they've lost some sort of metadata that says "GoPro" on them). Now I can't even use my GoPro footage in GoPro's app.

This is ridiculous! Let more people use GoPro Quik for other cameras and it will be great for your brand! People will see it and buy more GoPros!

GoPro

Hi @greenrange1585

We appreciate your feedback. We are continuously working on the improvement of our cameras, software and programs. If this is an option you'd like to have in the future, you may leave it as a feedback using this link.

Regards,

Ej