Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

How do I import media from a non-GoPro camera?

I want to import and edit video and pictures and videos from my DJI Phantom 4 drone.  Is there a way to import media from my drone or any other non-GoPro camera. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How do I import media from a non-GoPro camera?

Hi @Anonymous,

If you're looking to import media from a non-GoPro camera into GoPro App for Desktop, then that won't be possible. This tool was designed to scan GoPro specific media on your computer.

~ Mowens

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

If you're looking to import media from a non-GoPro camera into GoPro App for Desktop, then that won't be possible. This tool was designed to scan GoPro specific media on your computer.

~ Mowens

Anonymous

Hi there, I have a similar question about non-GoPro media. The Quick app for the IOS (iPhone) can import my iPhone's media (stills, live stream, videos) into the iOS Quick app and make really nice easy videos.  These are not GoPro specific.  I would really like to be able to do the same on my Windows PC with other pictures.  I just got my GoPro Sesison camera but will be using a mixture of media from my DSLR and the GoPro. If I can mix media on IOS, why can't I mix media in the Windows version. You have done a great job creating those quick videos on my phone and I would live to be able to create more from past events and mix content from future on my PC.  It seems rather silly to force me to upload everything to my phone just to get around this limitation.

If the Desktop Quick App is not the same as the iOS iPhone version, can you repackage the iOS for Windows?  Again, you've done a great job creating an app to make quick videos easy.  It would be a shame to not make it more available.

Looking forward to more great adventures with my GoPro!

Sean

Tourist

I agree. I wanted to import an iphone burst so quick could put it together like a timelapse. I put the photos in the same folder structure and renamed them, but it won't import them. How does quick determine whether a file is a gopro file?

Sightseer

Hi @mowens,

It's really unfortunate that we cannot import non-GoPro videos to Quik on the Desktop version of the app. The iOS app does not have that restriction. I just end up importing the videos to my iPhone and doing the editing on there...

I hope this changes soon.

Sightseer

I have the same issue when trying to combine media from other sources to make a video in GoPro Quik and I think it's really unfortunate that we cannot import non-GoPro videos to Quik on the Desktop version of the app.

I hope GoPro fixes this in a future update.

Tourist

A new GoPro customer here who just discovered GoPro's heavy-handed tactics that limit the creative possibilities of customers who pay significant money — only to have our hands tied by these corporate louts. Wish I'd know in advance the kind of company I was supporting. This is a deal breaker. 

zero.png
GoPro Community Manager

@michaellinder - Our editing software is optimized for GoPro content, but there are other editing programs that can incorporate GoPro content and content from other sources.