Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: How do I import media from a non-GoPro camera?

[ New ]
Yes agreed
Anonymous

[ New ]
But why can you use the iPhone app to import media from multiple sources but not the desktop app? That doesn't make sense to me.
Tourist

[ New ]

Own it, bro. It's not "optimized" for GoPro content — it's a padlock on footage or jpg stills from any other source lest someone tarnish a GoPro-branded Qwik video with (God forbid!) shots from a different camera.

Produce a Qwik video on iPad (you apparently cannot stop Apple from allowing Camera Roll jpg files from being used) and that video will NOT appear in users' GoPro cloud for use in desktop Quik Plus. And, if you attempt to email the Qwik vid to yourself from iPad for subsequent editing in, say, Premiere Pro CC, it is only made available in degraded 720p resolution, not the stunning hi-res you advertise.

It's all about GoPro — which goes out of its way to cripple its paying customers' creativity. Brand first, users last.

By the way, your engineers should do a better job. Deleting Qwik from a Windows PC (as I have done) leaves a huge amount of data behind under user/appdata/local. You guys can't even get a routine Windows uninstall right. I don't like totalitarian regimes. I'm outta here. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

I just imported still jpegs from Apples Photobooth aithout any problems other that a few were out of sequence order. I'm going to try and number them like GoPro files to see if that fixes the problem. I have also successfully imported video and stills from various camera without a problem and don' understant why some are sayng it's not possibe. So far I have not had a camera that didn't work with GoPro sudio.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Well thats pretty darn lame. Took timelapse stills from the GOPRO, edited in lightroom, exported to time lapse video(mp4). Tried to bring back into quik but apparently its not gopro footage anymore, but it is its just not edited in gopro. Very annoying. Guess I'll have to edit the available footage in quik then add my timelapse in premiere pro after, and then remove the gopro quik branding part out. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

"Our editing software is optimized for GoPro content".

Well that's an excuse!  This either means that your software doesn't support other media sources yet or gopro wants to restrict the users and lock them on gopro platform. 

The software evolves to support users needs. So the question is when would your software be "optimized" for supporting other sources? 

Nomad

[ New ]

convert your media to I think it was .mov and then import in Studio. I just did this over the last couple days.

Youtube video

Anonymous

[ New ]

use final cut pro