Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: How do I import media from a non-GoPro camera?

This seems very bad, is one of the reasons why users are leaving GoPro and that's why the company is so bad, instead of making more users happy they make them go away and do not continue recommending the brand.

Sightseer

Agree totally, restricted creativity...
Sightseer

This is a joke! Trying to make my first GoPro Video and I can't add a couple of pictures. Does anyone know any decent software to do this?

Cat

GoPro

Hi @graycave08184

Please try to install VSDC: http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download
It's a free video editor where in you can edit and compile your photos and video. 

You may also try iMovie if you're a Mac user. 

Regards, 

-Jay 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Good thing I found this thread in time. I was about to drive to Best Buy to get the GoPro 6 Black thinking I can combine GoPro footage with those taken with my DJI Spark using their Quik for Desktop application. I am not going to support a company with such restrictive policies. No wonder this company is in the shape it is in. This thread just saved me $399 + the cost of all the accessories I would be buying. I will look elsewhere. Goodbye GoPro!

Sightseer

I wish I found this ahead of time, I was taken. Just got back from vacation and wanted to make some videos for my 4K TV combined with my iPhone photos/videos and what do I find out: IMPOSSIBLE.

If anyone is reading this and considering buying a GoPro AVOID IT unless absolutely 100% of your content is captured by the GoPro itself. But seriously it's 2018 who captures all their content on 1 device now? No one. That's why if GoPro doesn't fix this issue they'll have no future customers. I'm telling all my friends to stay away unless all you want is 1080p.
Sightseer

Look here Jeff,  it is sad that you give such a low credit to your clients, and assume that all are sunnyboys looking for bikiny models that do not understand basic technical things. Let's agree on one thing: " optimized for GoPro content" is marketing b**bleep** term for " we make it work only with our generated videos". 

The software is good, but the management that imposed these restrictions is not, and these can be seen in the stock value. 

Sightseer

Commodore had the idea that locking customers into hardware would guarantee customer loyalty.  IBM went the other way, and opted for a completely open architecture.  Take a good look who is still around, and who is not, to get an idea where attempts to lock users into certain hardware lead.