Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

How do I edit video from my Hero 8 Black

I just purchased a Hero 8 and cannot figure out how to edit my videos on a PC. GoPro quik seems to be an old program that is no longer supported. On your App page you show GoPro Player for MAC and something called GoPro Max exporter. What is a Hero 8 owner supposed to do for a PC?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: How do I edit video from my Hero 8 Black

Hi @paulw374

GoPro Player and GoPro Exporter are applications for MAX 360 files.

Check out Programs to View and Edit Videos for information.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Refering us to paid software is not much help. I would like to know how to get the software that comes with the camera to work with it! I can go online and use a converter to export it to my Garmin Virb software. But seems pretty cheesy to have to use a competitors editor to correctly work with your hardware! Will there be a solution to this, or should I tell everyone to wait till Garmin updates or be prepared to pay out again for a converter or 3rd party software?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @greginsticks. We are continuing to develop a new modern desktop solution. 

In addition to the programs linked, you may also explore this user-shared list of applications that you may use. 

You can also create stories through the multi-clip editing feature of the GoPro App. These instructions will guide you through the process.  

Highlighted
Tourist

It is heartening to hear you are updating the Desktop app. Although the mobile app looks cool, and I use it to program the phone, my 60 year old eyes definitely prefer a 32" monitor over a 6" phone screen. Is there a time frame on the Desktop app? I do not want to invest a lot of time and effort into another program when the one built for GoPro is just around the corner.

Highlighted
Sightseer

My eyes are only 25 years old and I’d way rather edit on desktop. I am seeing the software for Mac but it’s different than mobile editing??