Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: How do I edit a video from GoPro Quik with no music?

Is there a reason I can’t see this anywhere?
GoPro

Hi @faststorm71376,

You may try other free editing software instead such as VSDC.

-Jay 

Sightseer

I'm having the same problem too.  I did a timelapse video, and my gopro gives me all thousand single JPEG images from it.  I can open it as a video clip in Quick, but it adds music and i cannot take it off.  

But alas, my mac's imovie works as a great workaround.  Download your video/images with image capture, and upload them into imovie.  imovie is a much better video editing tool.

Sightseer

Dear GO PRO,

Your video editing app sucks! When I purchased my GoPro HEro5, I can do the hell whatever I want with the Video Editing App, but now, Its all confusing and the duration and sound editing is SO limited. WTH for a an expensive camera. 

Explorer

On Quik Desktop, Select the edit icon on each clip and then go to the audio section and turn down the music and bring back up the clips audio.

On the Quik Mobile app, just select, "No music" and the entire video will be without music.

To do desktop editing that isn't in Quik format, use a proper editor. You can download and use very good editors like DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm Express, VideoProc, VSDC video editor... There are plenty to choose from.
Sightseer

Ryan, you are a moron. One can simply turn the music down to 0 and the source volume up to desired level.