Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: How do I edit a video from GoPro Quik with no music?

The camera itself was designed by geniuses that got it right, good job engineers, but the edit software has me wondering.

Im trying to reply in this thread, but it only allows replies to individual posts, so.... wow... even the forum sucks.

Anyway, I downloaded the Quik software, that's funny, they took out the c to make it faster, but here I am hours later trying to find out why this software is consuming so much of my time.

I have 4 clips, I just want to stitch them together in the order they were shot in and then compress the whole stream down with x264 or some other nice compression codec.

So first I have to click each clip and drag the cheesy music slider down to 0, then drag the source volume to 100, stupid, but ok whatever. But how do I remove the 30 second limit? I have 34 minutes of a bike ride I just want to compress and save on my hard drive for personal archive, im not trying to make a little trendy 30 second clip to post on Youtube or the GoPro video site.

I have the feeling someone is going to say "Seek 3rd party software"

To the GoPro software writers that may be reading, please add the option for the software to do what I said in my 4th sentence.

Explorer

Yes, you are correct. Quik is not designed for your purpose. Consider using DaVinci Resolve, VSDC video editor, or iMovie. All are free and more in line with what you want to do.

As far as the community forum, pretty much all are set up the same way. A member post a new topic and people respond either the the OP (just click reply to the original post) or in response to another members comment in the same post (click reply on their comment). If you want to create your own post, you can do that as well. GoPro didn't create this program, Lithium did. It's the same that is used in eBay.
Sightseer

Im a brand new user and already not happy at all with this software platform. We should be able to dislodge the idiot music list

and suplement our own, or none at all. Right?   I have a youtube that needs NO other sound but that on my video, which happens to be an instrument that sounds great off the gopro session 5, but NOT with the dumb music. This is not cool at all. 

Sightseer

Re: go pro quick is utter garbage! that music is just **bleep** and annoying and the video editor is

INDEED! Not happy either and just gave the techs an eyefull. Idiots really. Its 2018, not 1998

Tourist

You know this stinks right? As in unacceptable. 

Also, the newest update to the trim function really sucks too, thanks guys!  Whats sucks you ask? Having to watch the entire trim section before it starts over again to make sure you cut it on the right frame. The previous version had a play button and you could replay the trimmed clip from the first frame on command. 

I remember the GoPro CEO saying that they are focusing on the software more, but yeesh this is total crud from an editors perspective.

Why would anybody want the crappy ass stock music provided? Sure its cool to show your grandma - but its an embarassment to post some template garbage on social media, and you're right - I USE A DIFFERENT EDITING PROGRAM - 

The "Quik" video function is probably something most people turn off immediately. The edits suck, the music sucks - why don't you guys get this?

Standing by to be put on payroll...

sucks to suck

Sightseer

thank you

@danielr15wrote:
You can have the original video audio. Select the clip in the timeline and then click the edit icon (✏️). There are three edit features. Clip section, color correction, and audio. On the audio section you just need to reduce the music, mute if you want, and increase the original audio.

Sightseer

This right here is the answer. You get two sliders, one for the music and one for the original audio.

Reduce music volume to 0, increase original audio to 100. Problem solved.

Now if someone would just tell GoPro "We don't want your sh***y music!"

Tourist

If you tap on the music icon in edit mode you go to the full Quick music library. Swipe across the various genres of music (travel. Sport, summer, love etc etc) to the very end. There you have the choice of your own music, no music, your video audio or no sound at all.