Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

How do I edit a video from GoPro Quik with no music?

We have a video we would like to edit in Quik but would like to keep the audio and not have any of that cheezy techno music automatically added and playing. How do we remove the automatically added music from our GoPro video?

Thanks

GoPro

Re: How do I edit a video from GoPro Quik with no music?

Hi @shanonw78636,

Quik makes edits based off the music and key points in the footage. If you are looking to keep the edit that Quik makes but would like no music you would need to use a separate editing program to take the sound out of the music. Some of our other users may have some suggestions for which editor to use.

Best,
Ryan

Tourist

Thank you for your response,

It's not the answer I was hoping for and a bit disappointing. We've spent nearly $800 on this camera accessories recently and now we have to spend more for video software just to be able to use the audio the camera the records. I'm not sure GoPro has really thought this through. Buyer beware I guess.

Thanks again

Sightseer

Go To your edited video into Quik. Then Music Icon -> Select No Music

Tourist

Thank you,

I just tried this but there are two problems. Quik will not let me show my entire video. It took a video over a minute and cuts it down to 30 secs. Second, once I edited and saved the video then went back into it there is no option for "no music." It will allow you to change the music but you cannot select "no music" because GoPro hasn't given it's customers that option. At least as far as I can determine.

Tourist

I am having this same issue.  TBH I think it's kind of ridiculous that GoPro Quik wil not allow (atleast as far as I can see) me to use the audio from the video that I capture.  

Is there a solution to this?  

Other topics include blurbs about GoPro Studo but I downloaded QUik for desktop last night and I don;t see an option to export to studio. 

Sightseer

Same issue here, TOTALLY idiotic... 20 years of video editing software and GoPro's take is you can't have your own audio... did Tim Cook buy shares in GoPro?

Explorer

You can have the original video audio. Select the clip in the timeline and then click the edit icon (✏️). There are three edit features. Clip section, color correction, and audio. On the audio section you just need to reduce the music, mute if you want, and increase the original audio.