Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

How do I connect GoPro Player desktop for Mac with my Hero 7 Black through wifi?

[ New ]

New to GoPro. Figuring out how to use the camera. Just figured out how to connect and use the GoPro app with the camera by wifi - fun! I thought the GoPro Player for my desktop Mac would pretty much work the same way: connect it with the camera through wifi, see and manage the photos that are on the camera through the Mac app. The download worked, the desktop app opens, no problem. But when I click connect to media it takes me to Finder instead of searching for my Hero 7 Black. And now even when I close and reopen the app, it goes straight to Finder. 

Was I wrong to assume GoPro Player would be able to connect with Hero 7 Black through wifi? Do I have to physically connect the camera to my desktop computer or transfer the SD card to read it from the desktop? What am I missing?

Note: I have had no problem connecting my camera with my iPhone app, and I'm sure I won't have a problem connecting it with my iPad app when I try that in a moment, but it would have been nice to have the same convenience on my desktop...

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How do I connect GoPro Player desktop for Mac with my Hero 7 Black through wifi?

[ New ]

Hi @adelleg86321

You would need to copy the files to your computer via SD card adapter or connect the camera via USB cable.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: How do I connect GoPro Player desktop for Mac with my Hero 7 Black through wifi?

[ New ]

Hi @adelleg86321

You would need to copy the files to your computer via SD card adapter or connect the camera via USB cable.

Thanks!

Ej