Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

How can I recover Files Deleted by GoPro Studio from the SD Card ?

I accidentally clicked the Delete Files button  after halting GoProStudio during the process of importing clips fom th SD card.  I  was using a MAC

I have downloaded some of the recovery applications to try but can't see the files. I can find some of the .MP4 files but they are not viewable .   Nothing has been written to the card since the delete  so the files should all be there but not sure of GoPreoStudio is deleting them in a way the recovery applications can't recognize.  

Any ideas ?  

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: How can I recover Files Deleted by GoPro Studio from the SD Card ?

Hey @Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Since you've already tried software on your own end, you can try reaching out to the SD card manufacturer to see if their agents can recover the data off the card.Best of luck to you!

~ M. Owens

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hey @Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Since you've already tried software on your own end, you can try reaching out to the SD card manufacturer to see if their agents can recover the data off the card.Best of luck to you!

~ M. Owens

Highlighted
Tourist

Try www.recovergopro.com  The software is written to just recover videos from GoPro SD memory cards. It has a very high success rate

Anonymous

Hi, has of in your case there is less chance of recovering deleted files from GoPro because you have already used recovery tool and failed to recover instead, it might have overwritten the deleted files memory space with a new one. Once my friend was facing the same issues then he used this program and recovered all the files quite easily. You can try your luck. Hope it might work http://www.remorecover.com/windows/deleted-gopro-video-recovery.html

Anonymous

Hey rapidsurf73171
I just did the very same thing trying to cease the auto-import by GoPro Studio (even though I already had the auto-import feature deselected). I have tried a few different recovery softwares and they have brought back (in one piece) only three MP4 files out of loads. Did you find a solution by any chance?

Tourist

Most GoPro vidoes (from Hero3 and Hero4) are fragmented.  Maybe 100-200 fragments per file.

www.goprorecovery.co.uk nd www.recovergopro.com (same program) is specifically for such video memory chips.  I am not aware of anything else that will recover intact video and sound.  Both MP4 and LRV

The only hope is that NOTHING has been written to the chip by previous recovery attempts.

Try the free demo first, the log will indicate how many will be found

Anonymous

This software only works with Windows.  Any suggestion for a MAC?

Tourist

Unfortunately it is PC only.  The only solution currently is to borrow a PC.  This situation may change, but probably not in the next 6 months