Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

How can I change render types for Fusion videos?

I need to render the same video files for editing in Premiere and also direct uploading to Vimeo.  However, even when I clear the render queue and re-load the original videos, when I try to re-render I am NOT given the option to choose a render type!  How can I render in multiple formats/types with the Fusion Studio?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: How can I change render types for Fusion videos?

Now it's not even giving me that option when I render fresh videos!  What am I missing?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @thangor583

Have you tried relocating the files/ creating another folder?

Please check the steps and render options on Render Videos in the GoPro Fusion Studio App

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Aragon-- No joy.

I carefully read the instructions on the like you sent.  Looks like I've been doing them that way the whole time.

I took the original files, and copied them into a separate file on my desktop.  Clicking on the higher-level file, I successfully opened them in Fusion Studio.  I picked a video to work on, moved the sliders where I wanted them, and sent it to the render queue.  At that point I'm supposed to get a pop-up window allowing me to set the destination, resolution, type, etc.  I NEVER GET THAT POP-UP.  I haven't gotten it since the first time I used the software.

When I click on the file in the render queue, it shows that it's set for "Editing."  I can't see any way to change that, though I do get the box that allows re-setting of other parameters.

NOTE-- I transferred the files by putting the cards in the reader, rather than plugging the camera into the computer.  I used to program in FORTRAN, so I know how to deal with files.  All other functions operate properly, so I'm pretty sure that's not causing the issue.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for getting back to us @thangor583

Are you already on the beta version?

If not, see if this makes a difference.

Should it still be the same, please refer to our Support Team to have this checked further.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I just updated to the beta version, 1.4.  Same problem.  It will let me set the render type on the very first video, and after that I can't change it.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for trying @thangor583

Please reach out to our Support Team to have this checked further.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Let them know of the steps taken so far.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

"Clicking on the higher-level file, I successfully opened them in Fusion Studio.  I picked a video to work on, moved the sliders where I wanted them, and sent it to the render queue.  "

When you open GoPro Fusion Studio, are you seeing a pop up message saying "reload last session".  If you are and you select "yes" then GoPro Fusion Studio will automatically use the last settings selected and not give you the render options you want.

The easiest way to adjust your render settings is to edit the clips the way you want them and add them to the render queue.  Before you click on "render", click on the actual file in the render queue.  When you do this GoPro Fusion Studio will display what codec is being used, what sound is being used (stereo or 360 surround) and what resolution is being used.  This is all displayed as check boxes and you can select and change your options.

It's possible that if you are changing your videos to overcapture export, then you are not being asked for an output option as there is a predetermined setting for overcapture output.  If you render your video's as 360 degree spherical video, you may get your options for Facebook/Youtube back before you select rendering.