Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

HiLights to .txt or .cvs

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get the HiLights, that have made by pressing the mode button while filming, converted to a simple text file. I found out that they were somewhere in the mp4 container in milliseconds, but I just need them in a simple .txt or .csv
I am not able to use the GoPro software, I need those HiLights exported.

GoPro

Re: HiLights to .txt or .cvs

@sweetbeach8101, sorry for the delayed response. This is currently not an option in the desktop app and there isn't a way to do so. Anyhow, I appreciate your input. I'll have the information shared with the team in charge.

Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Tourist

Thanks for the answer but it does not help us. We finally were forced to buy two other cameras from an other high-end brand and they work perfectly. We just get all the information in XML.
We spend allot of energy in getting the simple timestamps, but GoPro made it impossible.
Nomad

I'm working on ways to extract them, but it might still be while until I have something usable

Tourist

Thanks, but too late for our project. Do not forget to decide is you use mSec from start of the movie (what is the GoPro way of working) or the calibrated GPS time. (Or both)
Nomad

I added the highlight extraction functionality to the Telemetry Extractor: https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/

For now they are labelled with the video milliseconds, as that is what the camera provides, but I might compute the matching gps times (or even file date-times) at some point.