Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, I just start with my new gopro 8 black. I can't transfer pictures or films from my gopro to my P

Hi,

I'am a new user of a gopro camera. I'm not yet a pro at all.... 

I just try to load my pictures and films from my gopro 8 black to the desktop (Windows 10) and doesn't succeed. 

The Quik version i use is 2.2.0.4944. 

I can't see any media on the screen of my PC. The desktop recognise the new medias but they are black and i can't store them in any folder of my Desktop? Once i got a message Java script Alert: "we have encountered  an issue loading music, restart application and try again". I arase this Quik version and upload another but no possibilities of loading any media ???

Thanks for your answer.

André

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hi, I just start with my new gopro 8 black. I can't transfer pictures or films from my gopro ...

Hi @fleettree40157

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Please go over the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows 

If connecting the camera via the USB cable, launch Quik, plug the camera then power it on. 

Let us know how it goes.

You may also try to use an SD adapter to transfer files.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hi, I just start with my new gopro 8 black. I can't transfer pictures or films from my gopro ...

Hi,

Sorry for my very late answer, i was in a hurry last week. I followed your advice with the SD card and it works. I have more time this week to have a look at this and try again with the camera that still not works. Thank you. André 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

Before clicking on the link, i suppose my Hero8 is recognized because when camera linked, i receive the question "Select what to do with the Hero (It's in french). But i don't receive any invite to import any file, only the possibility to add a media. Is it normal? (Est ce possible de s'exprimer en Français?) Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @fleettree40157

See if the workaround shared on https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-8-Windows-10-can-see-the-device-but-won-t-cooperate/m-p/... will help.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej