Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hevec compatible processors

I have recently purchased a GoPro Hero black 7 and of course my laptop i5 is not good enough for hevec.

Can anyone tell me if I need a 7th generation I5 or I7 or will a 6th generation work as well
I know kerby Lake processes are compatible which are 7th generation but other websites say that 6th generation will work as well I am going to buy a laptop so I need to know which processors are compatible also if anyone can tell me which AMD processes are compatible as I will probably buy some sort of gaming laptop and there are a lot of good AMD gaming laptops around. Thank you in advance
kind regards
Ed

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hevec compatible processors

@emcimagery, as far as I know there are AMD 6th gen APUs or newer that can work with HEVC/H.265 codec. You may have to reach out to the manufacturer for more details about this though.

I definitely want to help as best as I can, however we do not have any further information about HEVC/H.265 hardware compatibility other than what has been specified in this article.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @emcimagery

Please check out: HEVC Minimum System Requirements

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ej

That is the first thing i read before posting but I was wondering is there any truth to 6th Gen cpu being compatible and I can not find information on AMD processors can you help or direct me

Ed
Highlighted
GoPro

@emcimagery, as far as I know there are AMD 6th gen APUs or newer that can work with HEVC/H.265 codec. You may have to reach out to the manufacturer for more details about this though.

I definitely want to help as best as I can, however we do not have any further information about HEVC/H.265 hardware compatibility other than what has been specified in this article.