Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Hero9 Webcam software freezes

[ New ]

I'm using the latest Windows version 1.1.1.702. The display on the front screen of the GoPro shows Webcam as active and then the image freezes up after several minutes, displaying two images of myself on my computer monitor. I did not have this problem with the previous Windows app version. I have tried to resolve this issue with the usual troubleshooting process of uninstalling/reinstalling the app and rebooting the computer. Each time this happens, I need to reset the camera to clear the front display, which appears as a black screen with the red active label on top. Please let me know if you have seen this problem before and if you have any solutions to offer.

GoPro

Re: Hero9 Webcam software freezes

[ New ]

Hi @lloydr701

What version is the camera on?

Do you observe the same when the camera is set up without the battery?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

The camera is on the latest version 1.60. I'm thinking the issue may be the updated Windows app version. Is there a way to get the previous version download from the GoPro website so I can install it and see if this resolves the problem?

Tourist

[ New ]

Resolved. Once I deleted the Microsoft Teams app from my desktop the problem went away. Now if I need to use Teams, I only use the web-based version. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update. @lloydr701

We'll have this shared with the team.