Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero7 doesn't show files when hooked up to new mac (using quik)

Quik is 64 bit has never worked well with catalina as we all know.

Now with lates update 10.15.2 is does not work.

Maybe its a privicy thing, however I did check and there are NO privicy settings in system preferences for quik other than to allow quik to access my own photo library.

Anyhow, SD card / Camera does not show any media when connected.

The only way to import files from camera is to use image capture (mac native app).

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am experiencing the same issue with Hero 5 Black. Quik Version 2.7.0.874 and Catalina 10.15.2. I can still import using SD card reader, but no suggested fixes work. Clearly an issue with Quik.

Highlighted
Hiker

@jefft wrote:

@boldcave63652- GoPro files that are still on the camera's SD card are not going to be seen in Finder. To import the files to your computer, you'll need to use our Quik for Desktop app to import them first. Or, you can import the files directly from the SD card by putting the SD card into an SD card adapter and plugging that into a USB port on your computer.

Jeff

Have your lot at GoPro found a solution yet to GoPro Quik not working with GoPro Hero 7 or GoPro Hero 8 cameras?

Also we've found that the GPS Telemetry data isn't working either when we use your/GoPro recommended Image Capture or SD Card Reader file import method instead of using GoPro Quik.

GoPro Quik for Mac ver 2.7.0.874

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

GoPro Hero 7 ver 01.90

GoPro Hero 8 ver 01.50

Screenshot 2019-12-28 at 16.59.44.png
Highlighted
Hiker

Is your GPS Telemetry data available after you've imported your files using Image Capture?

I've found that the GPS Telemetry data isn't working when we use GoPro recommended Image Capture or SD Card Reader file import method instead of using GoPro Quik.

GoPro Quik for Mac ver 2.7.0.874

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

GoPro Hero 7 ver 01.90

GoPro Hero 8 ver 01.50

Screenshot 2019-12-28 at 16.59.44.png
Highlighted
Nomad

Its worse than that jim, its dead jim.

Quik also cannot see media files that are on Mac now.