Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Hero 9: webcam is a no go. HELP

[ New ]

Hello, I have the latest Hero 9 firmware ( 1.60)  and I also have installed the GoPRo.webcam.msi. My camera is set to USB GoPro Connect, the USB cable is brand new (but I tried several) and is plugged into a USB3 port. The camera is recognized, I get a blue dot on the icon app but I do not get any webcam feed. I get the GoPro screen and on the preview of the app, I am getting a black screen. I did change the preferences in the app between AMD Radeon RX 640 and Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630. I uninstalled and reinstalled the GoPro Webcam app a few times and watched several trouble shot videos as well as followed scrupulously the steps described on the goPro website without any success. 

Now, for the rant, I own several other action cameras and I have no problems getting them to work as a webcam. 

Hope someone here has a solution. Apparently, I am not the only one in this situation. 

Thanks in advance. 

Serge

GoPro

Re: Hero 9: webcam is a no go. HELP

[ New ]

Hi @toughalp34301

What version is the Webcam App on?

Do you observe the same when using the camera without the battery?

Check out the steps on GoPro Webcam FAQ and Troubleshooting

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej