Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad

Betreff: Hero 8 & GoPro Quick keine GPS Daten Mac

@rapidblaze14132 You can follow @kakigodek tutorials if you don't mind using previous camera firmware (I think the main difference is you lose hypersmooth 2.0 in some modes). Or convert your video files to make the GPS data compatible with Quik (disclaimer, I made this paid app): https://youtu.be/nY4LfVFViT0
Highlighted
Hiker

@GoPro I have similar issue. No GPS data in the desktop app but it works on my iphone. The issue is already known for months, user have written scripts to fix it. The user above made a (paid!!) app to fix it. For me the gauges where the No. 1 reason to buy my Hero8. Very dissappointed with this slow response from GoPro. I would expect to buy a premium product but this nonsense is the same as for the cheap chinese action cams. Go Pro Go FIx!!!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ich habe seit 2 Wochen eine GoPro Hero8 und bin sehr enttäuscht das ich in der Quick Desktop App die GPS Daten nicht auslesen kann. GPS an der Kamera war defintiv an.

Ziemlich schwach.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Betreff: Hero 8 & GoPro Quick keine GPS Daten Mac

Hi @thomasr53067

Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. We are focusing on adding this functionality to our latest GoPro Desktop application in the near future, but in the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can both update your camera and also add telemetry gauges as well.

Other users also suggest RaceRender or Dashware for telemetry overlay.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

For an issue that's been a problem since at least November 2019, the recommendation is to degrade the firmware and hack the supplied supplied software, or purchase additional 3rd party software?
Highlighted
Hiker

Gibt es inzwischen eine Lösung?

Habe mir die Kamera für Trackdays gekauft. Und wollte mit Race Chrono Einblendungen der GoPro machen. Funktioniert natürlich nicht, weil ohne GPS-Datein kein anderes Programm synchronisieren kann.

Hatte hier auch schon eine Empfehlung, ein teueres Programm zum Auslesen zu kaufen. Was soll das?