Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 8 Black - GPS data is present in files, but apps say it isn't and won't display gauges

If the GPS icon was white and you do not get GPS data here https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free

You might have a faulty unit. I recommend testing again with a new video and making sure the GPS icon is white for one minute before hitting record. If still nothing, I would say your unit could by faulty. Contact support

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 8 Black - GPS data is present in files, but apps say it isn't and won't display gauges

@kajuna  quando faço upload do video aqui https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free, é isto que aparece!! Quer dizer que tem dados de GPS? O icone de GPS estava branco.

74784753_2350508251857693_5860533543121190912_n.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

FYI, for some reason, the GPS/telemetry/etc data will show up on Quik on my iPad.  As for everything else (desktop, phone), we are still stuck at NOTHING, which is definitely unacceptable.  I've always been an early adopter, and I HATE to say this, but this feels DJI-ish, and I HATE putting GoPro and DJI in the same sentence.

Highlighted
Nomad

@ricardoc8871 Yes, you have GPS data. Click on GPS and then on Graph or View Map to see it
Highlighted
Hiker

@ricardoc8871 see my post earlier about creating the Hero8blackGPMF.xml file. It wasn't working for me on desktop until I created that file. There may be a similar thing you can do on Android.

Highlighted
Hiker

@kajuna então se tenho dados GPS, porque é que não trabalha no desktop e no android, como acontecia com a Gopro 7??? Supostamente os usuários da Gopro 8 não deveriam andar com estes problemas de não conseguir usar os medidores, porquem não somos todos entendidos em informática, e gostavamos de usar a gopro de forma fácil...
Highlighted
Nomad

The desktop problem is known and we are waiting for a fix. See here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization-GPS/GoPro-GPS-not-working-Performance-st...

On Android, it's more complicated. It can depend on the quality of the signal, which depends on many thing (like the way you mount the camera... hard to tell)
Highlighted
Hiker

@kajuna mas é muito estranho, porque se a gopro 7 funcionava perfeitamente, a Gopro 8 nas mesmas condições não funciona, isso é muito estranho....