Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Hero 8 Black - GPS data is present in files, but apps say it isn't and won't display gauges

[ New ]

Hero 8 Black - GPS data is present in files, but apps say it isn't and won't display gauges

Tourist

Re: Hero 8 Black - GPS data is present in files, but apps say it isn't and won't display gauges

[ New ]

I have the same problem, and it's beyond hideous, and unbelievable. I read a lot on different websites about this problem, and I have found that Gopro Quick is not compatible with newer cameras like Hero8, and Max. I am so dissapointed, because I have been expecting such an amazing camera, with unique features which I didn't get. Don't get me wrong, Quick is compatible with the cameras, but you can't put gauges in your videos. I think it should be expected that GoPro Quick would work fine with Hero 8 and Max without any problems, but it turns out it doesn't. You can try to download an app which can allow you to see if your GoPro footage has any GPS data.

Tourist

Re: Hero 8 Black - GPS data is present in files, but apps say it isn't and won't display gauges

[ New ]

But what you should know about is that the GoPro app on you phone allows stickers, and it works good. I just wanted to let you know. It didn't work for me on desktop.

Tourist

[ New ]
For me it’s doesn’t work on iPhone too,
I’ve checked videos has gps data
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi! I would recommend you downloading the official GoPro app from app store (if you are using Apple). In there download the video, go to the media folder. click on app. then click on your video, click the editing button on the bottom left corner of the screen. Swipe all the way to the right, then you will find stickers, and you can put everything in it. If this doesn't work, then I don't know what will.
Tourist

[ New ]

I found this on an earlier post

https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-gps-not-working-hero8-quik

The extractor proved I did everything right because my videos had stored GPS data but Im reluctant to purchase another app to do what quik should already be doing. I've tried to contact GoPro with zero success.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @volodymyrslipak, @fireysummi307, @cyclebrispath. Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. We are focusing on adding this functionality to our latest GoPro Desktop application in the near future, but in the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can add telemetry gauges using GPS performance stickers.

Here is how to view stickers in the GoPro App. If the GPS data does not show up in the app, it could be an indication of an inconsistent GPS lock during the recording.

To isolate the issue further, try manually updating your camera firmware following the steps under Manual Update here. It is also important to make sure that the GPS icon on the camera is white before initiating a recording. 

You might also want to check out these user-shared tips for better GPS capture. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

j'ai le meme probleme sur la gopro Hero 7 et ca commence a me souler gopro .. entre la caméra qui freeze (se bloque) et la télémétry qui est bien active sur la caméra et que l'on retrouve dans le fichier vidéo grâce à ( https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free/# ) mais qui n'est pas utilisable dans leur appli quick smartphone ou ordi (pc ou mac)  ...