Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Having problems with Quik on Win10 Pro with Hero6 saving clips

Hero 6 Black, latest version of Quik Desktop, and Win 10 Pro 64b with a 1080 Ti with both the latest drivers and 3 months old drivers. Having the same issue: if I save a clip or a video in creative mode, the original stream is missing, so it's basically just a black video with the gauges overlaid and the original audio.
Highlighted
Hiker

I'll offer the following as to what works for me currenlty. I found a memory leak problem with the current release: 2.6.0.730 and went back to 2.5.2.633 and I've got a workable solution. I had to load the newest video drivers and use the highest video card configuration on my Lenovo W530 (it is a hybrid card and has two settings; intergrated graphics and hi-performace nvidia.) I had to select the nvidia setting in the nvidia control panel. Using either auto or the intergrated graphics resulted in the black stream. This is all specific to my laptop and may not be applicalble to other's systems. Black stream may be related to video card capibliltes.

Further, and I say this only because support asked me this, double check the supported cards/levels for quik https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html# available memory on the graphics card is important. 

The memory leak; I haven't had time to document it for gopro support but intend to. If I open a full 16 minute (1080 60fps) clip with 2.6, select all of the gauges it will crash my system in about 15 minutes. My system has 32Gb of main memory and allocation exceeds 80G before it locks up. Same sequence with 2.5.2.633 and it runs to completion never geting above 8Gb of allocation. So there is an obvious problem with 2.6. 

Other outstanding problems with quik currently is it doesn't seem to save anything but 1080p 30fps regardless what the original is. There are comments in the release notes about this and may be fixed in 2.6  but as is I can't use it yet. Hopefully it will be fixed in the future. 

my $0.02

fj..

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem with me. Win 10 64, i7, GTX1060, 16gb RAM. All drivers up to date.

Highlighted
Tourist

same issues here..... no help with tech support. said they were gonna email me "fixes" never got the email. So far extremely frustrated with the gopro all around.. why cant we just have the telemtry data as a seperate file so i can use a functioning video editing software.....

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi guys. I have the same problem and tried everything that is listed above, nothing worked. Although, i found myslef a solution. I downloaded the Quik version 2.5.0.290 and it worked fine to me. But first, when you create a clip, you have to let it play in order to be loaded to the ram and then you can save it. I thing that this gona help you all.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone, 

Greatly appreciate your feedback on the issue and for providing details. The team in charge is already looking into this. We will keep you posted once we have an update from them. Thank you for your patience. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, teczoub, thanks for your advice, it works fine for me too. First I downgraded to 2.5.2.633 and it didn't work, save notification appeared but there was no progress in saving at all. After this I installed 2.5.0.290 and this version works fine. Thanks.

Highlighted
Sightseer

THX for me now is working :)