Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Has anyone sucessfully used Fusion Studio on Windows 7?

The application opens, then when I load image files, it crashes almost immediately.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Has anyone sucessfully used Fusion Studio on Windows 7?

Hi @sebastienr214

Fusion studio works with 64 bit Windows 10. You can check out other system requirements here

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

What about Windows 7 users? Are we chopped liver?

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

On a  serious note though, I was thinking of getting myself a Fusion, but now it looks like I would have to replace my desktop as well. Disconcerting.
Is there an alternative way of processing 360 degree images within Windows 7 environment? I understand that 4K video is out of question, right?

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @sunnybeach61267

The GoPro Fusion Studio App imports, stitches, colors and renders your content

Fusion’s two lenses are offset and have an overlap of what they shoot. This allows the GoPro Fusion Studio App or the GoPro app to analyze the content to create the best stitch possible.

That being said, the application requires a software and a hardware with high processing powers.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Explorer

What mobile phone are you using? I have a LG v30 and it works great. I've also used a Samsung Galaxy S7 (decent but with some limitations) and an iPhone 6sPlus (worked good, not issues).
Highlighted
Explorer

As far as computer processing, you need a very good system, but it's worth it if you do. Personally, I think the minimum requirement GoPro list is a little too minimum. If you do decide to get a new system, get at least:
i7 quad core or better
32 GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GTX 1060 (1080 is much better)
256 GB SSD (get as big of an SSD as you can)
Avoid any computer with specs less than this and DO NOT get a computer with a 5,200 rpm hard drive. You need SSD.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I do have iPhone SE. It is similar to iPhone 6 by specs.
It converts two fish-eye images from LG R105 into equi-rectangular one on the fly, while transporting the images from camera to iPhone over WIFI.
Do you sugget I can do something similar with the Fusion although understandably slower?