01-03-2020 05:41 AM
First of all, sry for wasting another post on this.
Just upgraded my PC with a KabyLake processor, so (amongst other things) I can now edit HEVC encoded GP videos with Quik.
However, on (re)scanning my mediafolder, the HEVC files do not show up in the Quik library.
Anything I should do differently. According to the GP documentation, as-of the KabyLake procs, Quik should work with HEVC.
Anyone from GoPro who can post if there are additional requirements ? Or maybe other things that need to be updated/switched in Quik to trigger the scan ?
According to this GP support page, it should work https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc . Is there anyone in the community who got this to work or has this working ? (honest question)
For the record, HEVC extension on W10 is installed and HEVC footage shows fine in VLC and WindowsVideo.
Open for suggestions, TIA
According to this GP support page, it should work https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc
01-18-2020 05:16 AM
Hmm... okay... got this to work, finally.
Tried several things, from re-installing Quik to re-moving and re-installing HEVC Video Extensions from MSFT Marketstore.
What eventually made it work for me was the fact that I needed to remove the HEVC W10 Extensions from another account on my W10 desktop where also the HEVC W10 Extensions where installed. Both the paid and the free HEVC W10 Extensions where running there as well and that somehow interferred (SYSTEM-wide ?) with my primary profile and Quik seeing the HEVC movies.
So what I did:
- removed/uninstalled HEVC Ext from account #1 (primary)
- signed in with account #2 which also had a profile I used in the past and was still present on the W10 desktop
- removed/uninstalled both HEVC Ext (paid & free) from this account.
- shutdown desktop unconditionally (shutdown.exe /s /t 2) ; not sure if this is needed but just to be sure
- started desktop , signed in with account #1
- via MSFT Marketstore, installed HEVC Video Extensions.
- started Quik and did a media rescan
- et voila, all HEVC videos were added to library.
Only thing... grmbl, grmbl... Video playback in Quik is choppy as hell and non-workable. WHILE, same video plays smooth in VideoLAN player and WindowsMediaPlayer.
Anyone info on the choppy videoplayback, appreciated !
01-18-2020 10:42 PM
Hi, go there to see if it could help you.