Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

HEVC conversion in Handbrake.

[ New ]

I'm new to all this codex stuff so apologies for the dumb questions before I start!

i have a hero 8 and tried the 1080p 240fps which defaults to HEVC. So now I understand this I downloaded Handbrake to convert to files to H.264. However when I try to load the HEVC file into Handbrake the app refuses to accept the source file. 

any suggestions? 

thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: HEVC conversion in Handbrake.

[ New ]

Hi @royaljump8037

What specific error are you getting?

You may also check How to Convert GoPro HEVC Videos to H.264 Using HandBrake for reference.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @royaljump8037

What specific error are you getting?

You may also check How to Convert GoPro HEVC Videos to H.264 Using HandBrake for reference.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

the article you reference above is out of date, handbrake does not include the option you mention any more

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @erikstunes,

May I know which part or option specifically?

Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, under "how to convert your footage" in this document https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Convert-GoPro-HEVC-Videos-to-H-264-Using-HandBrake/ta-p/388... one is told  to check out "presets" and select "legacy" and then "normal" neither of which exist in handbrake. It doesn't matter to me anymore, I hope. I set my own presets and have converted all the files I need - I won't make the mistake a second time of recording in the new format. I was just stuck because I wanted the clips and the session was over, of course. The second half of the session was lost because the gopro was switched to camera mode, so I got stills of myself pressing the stupid remote button before the action started. I wish I knew how to keep all the settings the same in case I push the wrong button by mistake, I'm usually filming under difficult circumstances (cold air or water, gloves etc) and it's a bummer to waste all the time and effort of a setup

GoPro

[ New ]

@erikstunes, I appreciate you bringing this into our attention. We'll look into this. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!