Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: HEVC Media does not show up in Quick on new Windows 10 PC

[ New ]

Hi and thanks, years after and your post is still valid Smiley Happy it helped me with exactly same issue. 

Tourist

[ New ]
well after installing HEVC from Microsoft store Quick is now showing
related files but wont play them.
Sightseer

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hello @bertlbert

HEVC is not yet fully compatible with Quik for Desktop.

You can use 3rd party applications to play these type of files. See Programs to View and Edit Videos

Should you need further assistance, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

@aragon1006Explain what exactly HEVC Quik for Desktop does not support.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/HEVC-Explained/ta-p/394284#

This page confirms that HEVC is supported in a particular hardware and system configuration. If I meet all the hardware and system conditions, why don't I import HEVC movies into GoPro Quick ???

"What are the limitations with HEVC on a computer?

Playing Media on Unsupported Operating Systems
If your computer isn’t running Windows 10 / macOS High Sierra or newer, you will not be able to play HEVC files. Quik for desktop will still copy HEVC files to your computer, but they won’t appear in the Quik for desktop Media gallery. Also, third-party apps won’t be able to play HEVC files."

I use supported Windows 10 and I have a problem!

Tourist

[ New ]
First of all rubbish customer support, if I knew I wouldn't buy GoPro product. You didn't even read my email. So NO I do not find email you've send me interesting because I've already read all posts for this topic. Seems to me that GoPro is not able to provide functioning software and going through all post I see that GoPro people don't know the solution and are not willing to admit that there is an issue, all you do is refer to the website that states Windows 10 and Kaby Lake processor is the requirement for HEVC but you fail to acknowledge the fact that most of the people experiencing same issue told you theirs computers meet the requirements.

So again how it's helpful the email I have received ?
Hiker

[ New ]

I cant beleive this thread is still going after nearly 3 years.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

Please make sure you have HEVC codec installed.

You may also check the information shared on this thread by ulrichs30340

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey Ej

OK so looks like there are two different version of HEVC video extention/codec or so I thought.

1) hevc video extensions from device manufacturer - which I already had

I've reinstalled it - restarted copmuter - reinstalled gopro qucik - restarted computer again - files showing but quick freezes (not responding) when trying to view them. Windows Films&Tv app play them without a hickup so is Media Player Classic - HC and others

2) hevc video extention which is not free but I thought I give it a try as it is only 0.99USD

uninstalled - 1) -  outcome same as above

Did some diging and found out that both version are acctualy the same. Nice

So Ej installing HEVC video extention/codec did not help nor there was any useful/additional information in thread by ulrichs30340, funny enough, link provided in that thread is to the paid version which acctualy one can get for free as I've mentioned above.

Gregor

Tourist

[ New ]
Good grief, it should be abundantly clear by now that the problem is NOT the HEVC codec not being installed but atrocious programming in the actual Quik application which is incorrectly judging CPUs as incapable of playing HEVC files. The evidence is clear and has been all throughout this thread. The Quick app is so unfit for purpose that it's laughable - absolute junk. The only thing I use it for is importing the files. After that I use VSDC for editing.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Any news yet from GoPro about the issue? 10th gen i7 here so it should be 100% compatible. Please fix your Windows software GoPro

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

If you continue to get the same after the suggested steps, you may try other applications to play the files back.

Check out the other applications listed here: Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Once again, the whole point of this thread is that you shouldn't have to use another app. Either GoPro need to fix Quik or stop distributing it altogether because it's a waste of space for most people.
Tourist

[ New ]

same problem here, after 4 days and a few contacts with support, who didn't give me a solution, i found out myself by shooting a clip in 264 +hevc instead of hevc

no problem to import to go pro studio anymore

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hei There.

So my Problem is the same. This thread exists for more than enough and the Gopro Team is still unable to solve their own Problems? I bought my Gopro Hero 7 for fair enough money and you are telling me that i cant edit my footage with your own programm?

MY Problem is noot that i need to choose an other programm to edit it all, im doing that either way. But how the **bleep** am i supposed to use the GPS data??? There is only one option for such and that costs way to much.

Fix your problem and dont try to do "better" cameras when your support for the ones before isnt even working.

Nomad

[ New ]

Currently QUICK for desktop is no longer supported - so waiting for an update here is pointless at least at the moment!

Especially since in covit19 there is only a reduced staff at GoPro, probably concentrating only on its core business (producing action cams) .... We will be happy if there will be a new firmware update in the foreseeable future ...
HEVC must be installed at least under W10, because MS no longer delivers the codec by default! You can get HEVC from the Windows Store. A suitable video player such as DivX or MPC is recommended to watch HEVC videos. VLC also plays HEVC files. Depending on the video player, the video may more or less jerky (MPC offers the best results).

Tourist

[ New ]

The moral of the story is never buy gopro ever again, they do not support their software at all and send customers in loops in order to fob them off with bs stories about pc not meeting minimum spec.