Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: HEVC Media does not show up in Quick on new Windows 10 PC

Same problem, no problems watching media on win10, 4k60, h265 on a 4k display using eg VLC but quik doesnt recognize h265 media produced by GP7BE. :-/

Tourist

For me there is no more problem to play in Quick and other third-party players since latest Windows 10 updates.
Tourist

Same issue. HVEC video plays as smooth as you like on my pc (even in the default windows film & tv app), quik copies them but says not supported. Machine has 32gb RAm, Intel® Core™ i7-8809G, RTX 2080, running windows 10 pro.

Fix it. 

Sightseer

Same for me... It looks like no one takes care about this issue!
Tourist

these gopro idiots have had this same problem for 3 years now.  If I would have know they were so incompetent, I would not have bought the newer hero 7.  I think I'll return it and get the Garmen Virb.

Sightseer

Same here.  H.265/HEVC plays just fine on our machine using VLC & MPC-HC, even though it has an old i7-2600k 4-core, courtesy of the 1050ti GPU & a fast ssd.

Have you never heard of HARDWARE ACCELERATION?

It was bad enough that Qwik would not support the same setup running W7.

All you have to do is make Qwik check the graphics card, guys & gals!  AND don't believe everything Intel tells you.

SW compatibility is VERY important to the long-term future of any imaging company.  Arbitrary decisions like this are a really bad idea.

FIX IT GOPRO!