Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: HEVC Media does not show up in Quick on new Windows 10 PC

I cant beleive this thread is still going after nearly 3 years.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

Please make sure you have HEVC codec installed.

You may also check the information shared on this thread by ulrichs30340

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hey Ej

OK so looks like there are two different version of HEVC video extention/codec or so I thought.

1) hevc video extensions from device manufacturer - which I already had

I've reinstalled it - restarted copmuter - reinstalled gopro qucik - restarted computer again - files showing but quick freezes (not responding) when trying to view them. Windows Films&Tv app play them without a hickup so is Media Player Classic - HC and others

2) hevc video extention which is not free but I thought I give it a try as it is only 0.99USD

uninstalled - 1) -  outcome same as above

Did some diging and found out that both version are acctualy the same. Nice

So Ej installing HEVC video extention/codec did not help nor there was any useful/additional information in thread by ulrichs30340, funny enough, link provided in that thread is to the paid version which acctualy one can get for free as I've mentioned above.

Gregor

Highlighted
Tourist

Good grief, it should be abundantly clear by now that the problem is NOT the HEVC codec not being installed but atrocious programming in the actual Quik application which is incorrectly judging CPUs as incapable of playing HEVC files. The evidence is clear and has been all throughout this thread. The Quick app is so unfit for purpose that it's laughable - absolute junk. The only thing I use it for is importing the files. After that I use VSDC for editing.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Any news yet from GoPro about the issue? 10th gen i7 here so it should be 100% compatible. Please fix your Windows software GoPro

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

If you continue to get the same after the suggested steps, you may try other applications to play the files back.

Check out the other applications listed here: Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Once again, the whole point of this thread is that you shouldn't have to use another app. Either GoPro need to fix Quik or stop distributing it altogether because it's a waste of space for most people.
Highlighted
Tourist

same problem here, after 4 days and a few contacts with support, who didn't give me a solution, i found out myself by shooting a clip in 264 +hevc instead of hevc

no problem to import to go pro studio anymore