Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: HEVC Media does not show up in Quick on new Windows 10 PC

Hello @bertlbert

HEVC is not yet fully compatible with Quik for Desktop.

You can use 3rd party applications to play these type of files. See Programs to View and Edit Videos

Should you need further assistance, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Habe herausgefunden, wie das laden der HEVC Videos in Quik auch bei älteren PCs funktioniert, nicht nur bei Intel Kaby Lake.

Einfach im Microsoft Store den HEVC Codec herunterladen und installieren. Kostete bei mir 1euro.

HEVC stehen nun in Quik zur Verfügung, jedoch die GPS Daten nicht. Funktioniert derzeit nur bei Gopro 7 oder älter.

Mit dem Tool "DashWare" funktioniert das ganze auch bei der Gopro8, und hier braucht man den Intel Kaby Lake nun.

Highlighted
Tourist

Leider musste ich hierfür selbst lange Zeit im Internet nachforschen.
Hätte mir von Gopro mehr Unterstützung/Informationen erwartet, wie z.B. ein direkter Hinweiß in der Quik App.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ändert aber nichts an der Tatsache das 4K-Videos mit 50fps in Quik nicht einwandfrei laufen

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi and thanks, years after and your post is still valid Smiley Happy it helped me with exactly same issue. 

Highlighted
Tourist

well after installing HEVC from Microsoft store Quick is now showing
related files but wont play them.
Highlighted
Sightseer

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hello @bertlbert

HEVC is not yet fully compatible with Quik for Desktop.

You can use 3rd party applications to play these type of files. See Programs to View and Edit Videos

Should you need further assistance, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

@aragon1006Explain what exactly HEVC Quik for Desktop does not support.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/HEVC-Explained/ta-p/394284#

This page confirms that HEVC is supported in a particular hardware and system configuration. If I meet all the hardware and system conditions, why don't I import HEVC movies into GoPro Quick ???

"What are the limitations with HEVC on a computer?

Playing Media on Unsupported Operating Systems
If your computer isn’t running Windows 10 / macOS High Sierra or newer, you will not be able to play HEVC files. Quik for desktop will still copy HEVC files to your computer, but they won’t appear in the Quik for desktop Media gallery. Also, third-party apps won’t be able to play HEVC files."

I use supported Windows 10 and I have a problem!

Highlighted
Tourist

First of all rubbish customer support, if I knew I wouldn't buy GoPro product. You didn't even read my email. So NO I do not find email you've send me interesting because I've already read all posts for this topic. Seems to me that GoPro is not able to provide functioning software and going through all post I see that GoPro people don't know the solution and are not willing to admit that there is an issue, all you do is refer to the website that states Windows 10 and Kaby Lake processor is the requirement for HEVC but you fail to acknowledge the fact that most of the people experiencing same issue told you theirs computers meet the requirements.

So again how it's helpful the email I have received ?