Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: HEVC Media does not show up in Quick on new Windows 10 PC

So I looked into your fix. Did some research and it turns out that Microsoft removed the HEVC from Windows 10 at a certain point and that's why I was unable to find it in my Settings > Apps as you had described. I moved forward with installing it and tried rescanning my folder but nothing new showed up. Restarted my computer and then rescanned the folders and Quik found and populated EVERYTHING! I've been dealing with this for a long time and am so glad I came across your solution - GoPro should be paying you $$$ for solving their problem!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Any chance we get the update by Christmas?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @philc88240

We do not have information regarding this.

Please continue to check our website for updates. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Software-Update-Release-Information

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi All, 

I'm starting to get into the whole GoPro business and got the Hero 7. I have recorded some HEVC formats and couldn't view them either in Quik or my desktop and i do have a high end machine as I have built it myself with an i9-9900k processor and a 1080 Ti card. 

Did some digging around and downloaded a codec pack here [edited link] because i hate sigining into the microsoft store and after i rebooted my machine,  it was there and i was able to view it in either Quik or in VLC.

I dont know why GoPro hasnt released a codec for the community or have found a resolution yet, but I literally did this 10 min ago and it was that simple.

Hope this helps you all.

- Phil

Highlighted
Tourist

The same problem - Windows 10 build v1809 not GoPro Quick imported HEVC files with this warning

GoPro HEVC.jpg

Files isn't showing in Quic, and can't open files for editing. All HEVC, I can play smoothly in VLC and MP Classic from imported folder. If trying to open HEVC files with Windows Movies & TV app, says - "Please buy windows HEVC extension" 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?active...

After I bought extension, GoPro Quick can see all my HEVC files, but playing is very laggy, the same as on my previous Intel i7-4800K PC. H264 files GoPro Quick can play smootly.
 I specially upgraded my PC from Intel Core i7-4800K to Intel Core i9-9800K for 2k bucks to edit 4k GoPro videos, but still can't do that. Now seems like all the problem exists in laggy GoPro Quick software! Only reason to use GoPro Quick is option to add gauges to my videos.
PS (I'm not happy with GoPro Hero 7 Black at all too, battery life is too short, not supported aftermarket batteries, connection to Samsung Galaxy Note 8 allways is unstable. Connection to remote to is very hard.)

Bellow is my computer configuration:

CPU Type OctalCore Intel Core i9-9900K, 4800 MHz (48 x 100)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte Z390 UD (3 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 4 DDR4 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Cannon Point Z390, Intel Coffee Lake-S
System Memory 32700 MB (DDR4 SDRAM)
DIMM1: G Skill RipjawsV F4-3200C16-16GVK 16 GB DDR4-3200 DDR4 SDRAM (16-18-18-38 @ 1600 MHz)
DIMM3: G Skill RipjawsV F4-3200C16-16GVK 16 GB DDR4-3200 DDR4 SDRAM (16-18-18-38 @ 1600 MHz)
BIOS Type AMI (08/29/2018)

Display:
Video Adapter GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Monitor LG HDR 4K (DisplayPort) (2808423024)

Highlighted
Tourist

@raimiska wrote:

The same problem - Windows 10 build v1809 not GoPro Quick imported HEVC files with this warning

GoPro HEVC.jpg

Files isn't showing in Quic, and can't open files for editing. All HEVC, I can play smoothly in VLC and MP Classic from imported folder. If trying to open HEVC files with Windows Movies & TV app, says - "Please buy windows HEVC extension" 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?active...

After I bought extension, GoPro Quick can see all my HEVC files, but playing is very laggy, the same as on my previous Intel i7-4800K PC. H264 files GoPro Quick can play smootly.
 I specially upgraded my PC from Intel Core i7-4800K to Intel Core i9-9800K for 2k bucks to edit 4k GoPro videos, but still can't do that. Now seems like all the problem exists in laggy GoPro Quick software! Only reason to use GoPro Quick is option to add gauges to my videos.
PS (I'm not happy with GoPro Hero 7 Black at all too, battery life is too short, not supported aftermarket batteries, connection to Samsung Galaxy Note 8 allways is unstable. Connection to remote to is very hard.)

Bellow is my computer configuration:

CPU Type OctalCore Intel Core i9-9900K, 4800 MHz (48 x 100)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte Z390 UD (3 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 4 DDR4 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Cannon Point Z390, Intel Coffee Lake-S
System Memory 32700 MB (DDR4 SDRAM)
@DIMM1: G Skill RipjawsV F4-3200C16-16GVK 16 GB DDR4-3200 DDR4 SDRAM (16-18-18-38 @ 1600 MHz)
@DIMM3: G Skill RipjawsV F4-3200C16-16GVK 16 GB DDR4-3200 DDR4 SDRAM (16-18-18-38 @ 1600 MHz)
BIOS Type AMI (08/29/2018)

Display:
Video Adapter GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Monitor LG HDR 4K (DisplayPort) (2808423024)

I'm just waiting for them to blame it on your computer, with specs like that!Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Tourist

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I dowloaded it, everything works but Quick and the ability to select the folder where the files will download dissapeared.