?

?

Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This widget could not be displayed.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: HEVC Media does not show up in Quick on new Windows 10 PC

I'm skeptical upgrading to 7700k would magically fix the Quik software issue. In my case, I tried three different rigs with different CPUs and they are all performing badly - only in Quik software.

i7-6800k
i7-7500u
MacBook pro with i7-4870HQ

They all sucked. Even the Kaby-Lake gen couldn't playback with the same symptoms as you. I'm sure an i5-6600K can play H265 in VLC or other software without any problem, even if the architecture doesn't optimize it.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: HEVC Media does not show up in Quick on new Windows 10 PC

[ Edited ]

All Nvidia 10-Series graphics cards, like 1070 and 1080, have hardware decoding support for HEVC 10-bit h.265, same with the new AMD GPUs.  The new Ryzen processors have support for the codec built in too.  Quik is just a sloppy program.  The programers at GoPro are lazy.  You have to use another editing program.  You can verify the support yourself by loading up one of your videos in Windows Media Player Home Cinema.  It kinda feels like Intel kicked GoPro some money to sell some processors, but they couldn't even get that right.