Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Gopro webcam utitlity crashing windows 10

[ New ]

what i also did is to cleanup my Visual C++ Installations Packs. At the end i only installed the 2017 x86/x64 package.

the C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll error comes from c++ in my opinion!?

Sightseer

[ New ]
You have to remove all versions of gopro before installing.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Thank you, this older version worked for me. Took these steps.
1) uninstalled buggy app version
2) restarted pc
3) deleted Gopro folder in appdata/roaming
4) installed version 1.1.1.702.
5) restarted pc again and magic happened.
Sightseer

[ New ]

same, this thing crashes, a lot. makes it totally an unusable feature. Been sending error reports for months with no solutions. 

Tourist

[ New ]
LOVE YOU! i could not find my older app .. this version works on gopro10 !
Sightseer

Betreff: Gopro webcam utitlity crashing windows 10

[ New ]

Keeps crashing with my GoPro 9 on Win 10

Tourist

[ New ]

Just received my hero10 to use it as a webcam on my windows pc.. the app crashes on startup and I see it's been crashing for 2 months now with no new version.. wow..

Sightseer

[ New ]

Can we please just have a basic driver for the GoPRo10 rather than this unwieldy GoPro10 webcam app that needs to modify Outlook, Teams, OBS and other dlls! I am setting a camera up for a presentation night, and our devices have central firewall security. The WebCam app crashes on start, and then attempts to send out a crash report (banned by our ICT policies). Please, please, please please, just give us a webcam driver, so that we can use OBS to feed directly off the GoPro10 from the USB port. I don't need to modify all the settings from my PC, I just need to setup the camera settings on the GoPro10 and have it feed its data via standard USB 3.1 into the Win10 Webcam driver [awaiting] and then OBS can pick up the data from there and into my stream... This was purchased by a senior staffer for the specific purpose of running a webcam for our site. It seems weird to me, that the app needs so much access to shared dlls. Keep it simple. Also, the WebCam should need network access to run. Especially since you app is stated to be able to feed into other apps. As such, those other apps would need network access, while the GoPro10 Webcam app would not require the network access to feed the camera stream to the network linked application... 

Kind regards,

Andy K.

Tourist

[ New ]

Just downloaded the official webcam app today and can confirm it still crashes before launch as others described.

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is still an ongoing issue. I just used the olderversion posted earlier in the discussion and I can confirm that it works with the Hero 8 Black. I'm using it in OBS with no issues.