Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Gopro quik unable to pick up gopro hero 8 black on pc

Go pro not able to help me. After 3 hrs on phone I was told to return camera . Tried everything to connect to Quick to no avail. Wasted a whole day on this . Not happy Go pro.

Does Hero work with Quick desktop on Mac or not? Yes or no
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @skipmcq

Sorry for any trouble caused. Can we have the case number from the last time you have reached out to the team?

If your camera is not being detected, the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

Also, please check the additional troubleshooting on this thread: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-not-compatible-with-macOS-Catalina/td-p/4...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks 

My case number is  # 07518281.

I have returned the camera as requested by Go Pro.

I am hopeful the new camera I get back from Go Pro works seamlessly with Quick on my i Mac

Highlighted
Hiker

Why would you release a new camera that is not compatable with the software. I read the disclaimer after I purchased my Hero 8.

I just assumed it would connect seamlessly to the Go Pro Desk top software like my other Go Pro camera.

I see where a lot of people are having this problem.

I hope Go Pro corrects camera or software quickly, 

Highlighted
Hiker

I returned my new Hero 8 Black camera back to Go Pro as instructed. The camera and SD card could not be recognized by QUICK on iMAc after following all suggestions with Go Pro tech service. Spent 2 hours on phonme with them

Well I received ny new replacement camera in the mail yesterday. The new camera works flawlessly witjh QUICK ( just like my old Hero 4 did )

So whatever Go Pro did to the replacement canmera it works, Dont know what caused the original problem

Thank you Go Pro. I love the camera

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am confused. I am having the same issue and the support chat person said that Quik desktop app does not support the Hero 8 Black. I don't understand 1) They would sell something that is not ready for prime time and 2) why there is a general lack of clarity on the limitation of this model. This should be made clear, so consumers don't get duped like I did. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @bryanb544

Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. 

That being said, you can still import HERO8 Black files via Quik for Desktop.

See How to Import Using Quik for desktop for reference.

If it the camera is not being detected, please refer to Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej