10-06-2019 10:47 AM
Hi everyone, i have a proble with quik for windows 10. Before i tell you the problem i will give you some info about my laptop:
- Lenovo ideapad 320-15ABR
- CPU AMD A10-9620P Radeon R5, 10 compute cores 4c+6G
- MEMORY 8 gb of ram (7,39 usable)
- DISK KINGSTON SUV400S37960G
- GPU 0 AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (primary)
- GPU 1 AMD Radeon R7 M440 (connected)
I have updeted all the drivers using the AMD adrenaline software...
Quik is able to open the pictures but it stops working as soon as I try to open a video. In the hompage when I click on a video it is unable to show me the first frame and the video player and suddently all the page became gray. I tried to wait until it would have worked but it didn't. Like one month ago I updated some drivers and the software worked but only for a day. The day after it stopped as soon as I updated the some drivers again. In the video I show you what is happening but I am unable to show you a pop up saying: gopro quik.exe is not responding. Windows and Quik are both updated and i checked for all the driver too. Amd settings are all on default.
Do other people have the same problem?
Someone has any suggestion?
3 weeks ago
@mekdg00, if you have multiple graphics card installed in your computer, try the steps below in order to resolve the issue in this instance:
- Right click the Quik desktop icon.
- Hover over Run with graphics processor (Note: this option will only be visible if you are using a Windows computer with multiple graphics cards)
- Select Integrated graphics
You may also try the following steps in addition to the suggestions above:
- Close Quik for desktop
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows key + E
- Click the View tab at the top of this window and make sure the box next to "Show hidden files" is checked
- Navigate to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local and delete the "GoPro" folder
- Restart Quik for desktop and see if the issue persists
Additionally, you may attempt to reset the app by following these steps:
- Open Quik for desktop
- While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window
- Select "Restart with default settings"
- A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more.
- Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
- Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.
Let us know how it works for you.
3 weeks ago
@aenriquez , thank you for the reply.
I tried the first method. but it wasn't showing me the voice: run with graphics processor. So i opened the device manager in the control panel and I disabeled amd radeon r7 m440 (dsplay adaptors). Nevertheless quik was giving to me the same error. I had no problems performing the other two steps but it didn't work as well. I tried to do the steps both separately and all together.
I noticed an empty folder in C:\Users\<<username>> named .gopro
Windows's default player works. I think that my gpu isn't able to load the videos at their full quality. I used to record in 2,7k or 1440.
So I tried to make a video in 720p and 30fps and quik sowed me the video visualizer and iIwas able to play it but it was all black. The lenght of that video is one sec! So I made another one with the lenght of 3 sec and quik wasn't even able to open it again. I am using the ntsc format. the strange thing is that it worked once with longer and heavier videos.
Thanks for the help
3 weeks ago