Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Gopro quick cant find my Gopro max

[ New ]

im using a macbook with the last updates ,downloaded the gopro Quick and i cant find MY gopro Max ??

Nomad

Re: Gopro quick cant find my Gopro max

[ New ]

This was happening to me too....WAS I say because before today, Quik did not recognise files via the USB cable so I was taking the SD card out and mounting the drive to copy files over (BTW Quik still starts this way as well but still did not see the files)

Today (with not updating of either the MAX or Quik)....I plugged the card in, Quik started...all normal....BUT then it transferred the files!!!! (albeit into an incorrectly dated folder in the target drive...this has happened randomly with the GoPro 7 as well)..but the video files were transferred! 

I deleted the new folder, put the card back into the Max and connected via USB and the same thing happened! Incorrect date for folder but the files were there!! MIRACLE!

I did notice that Quik did not transfer the .LRV files into the folder BUT they were in the RECENT ITEMS of the app, so that's weird!

I repeated the process and Quik worked "properly" again.....HUH?

Nomad

[ New ]

I found my answer...a bit disappointed tho...it was my first test of Hero mode, Timewarp and still photos and it was only these that were down loaded...not the .360 files (videos or pics)...so the Quik obviously has issues with the new .360 format....

Com'on GoPro, surely you knew this when you developed the new format???????

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ahmeds78678 and @capediver. Quik for desktop does not work with 360 footage from MAX. You will need either the GoPro Player or the GoPro Exporter, depending on the operating system that your computer is on. Click on the links for a detailed description of what the apps can do in terms of handling your MAX footage. Below are instructions for rendering your footage through the applications: 

Hope this helps!