Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Gopro quick app won't save edit!

**** SOLUTION ****

this fixed it for me.

Changing the import location fixed it... tried numerous things before.

This is one of the big reasons GoPros stock is in the dumps.  Expensive decent cameras that are comparable to cheap 100$ ones... (not as durable as gopro) but the software to edit these is migraine inducing.

Tourist

Doesn't work for me.

Plus, when I removed folders from the Media Folders section, it removed all related clips from my Edit without telling it was going to do that. Now I have to re-edit my video.

Nice design, GoPro.

Sightseer

I am having the same problem when I try to save after creating. "Saving to Edits" is displayed and the status bar never increases. 

Can I get a fix for this? I am running Windows 10, with 16GB of ram. 

Thank you for your prompt attention.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

I'm also having the same problem using "quick" version 2.5.1.462 (nothing quick about it, just a pain in the ..... ). The program just stays on the "SAVING TO EDITS" without doing nothing (attaching screenshot), cpu usage in task manager is 0%, "cancel" works. This is on a  Lenovo legion y720 laptop. Changed to run the program with the integrated Intel gpu but no luck. Unlike GoPro Studio this program ("Quick") doesn't work, is harder to use. Bring back GoPro Studio  with the addition of gps telemetry and you'll have the perfect video editing program.

P.S. the above solution doesn't work.

quick_freeze.png
Tourist

Just for comparision, imported the clip into gopro studio (lucky I keep it around), cropped and exported it in less than 5 min. without any issues. Unfortunetly can import the gps data with it (hero 5 black) :( .

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, so found a soution that works for me on 2 laptops (one using nvidia the other amd radeon). The solution is to run Quik with the integrated graphics card (intel) and run the "goproexportworker.exe" with the nvidia or radeon gpu. Here is how to set it up for nvidia :

Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Program Settings -> click Add, choose GoPro Quik.exe -> Select Integrated graphics -> click Apply . Next step is -> click Add, choose GoProExportWorker.exe -> select High-performance NVIDIA processor -> click Apply. 

Close the Nvidia Control Panel and restart Quik.

P.S. now run into another issue , the original clip is 2k60fps but when saving only 30fps is available event if I choos the custom option . 

Sightseer

This fixed it for me too. Thanks for posting.

Sightseer

Works for me. Using Dell XPS.