Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

Gopro plus auto upload speeds

Hi there

How long does it take to upload a 14 min clip on GoPro plus? 1080 at 60fps.
Finding the upload times waaay tooooo long. It's taking about 2hrs so far, still not finished

Thanks now
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Gopro plus auto upload speeds

@Anonymous - It depends on the bandwidth our your wifi network and the speeds of the PLUS servers. It can take some time though. 

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

@jefft I've the fastest the UK has for residential, still think it's not as fast as I would have expected,
Thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

Same issue here, 300MB has taken 30 minutes using Quik for Mac, an upload of that size should take 10 mins with my setup. I would say it's not very usable, not much point paying for cloud storage if you can't use it so doubt I'll be renewing Plus after the trial ends.
Highlighted
Anonymous

having the same issue but unfortunately because ive got alot of vides before i signed upto plus its tryint o upload 9.87gb and so far its done just under 1gb in 4 hours!! surely theres is something wrong with this. internet sped is running on average 65mbps so my speed shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same problem here... GoPro Plus upload times are so long that it is unusable.  The service is a nice idea, but it has to actually work. Which it doesn't.  

I tried to upload some large videos, for sure, but I let it run all night and it uploaded just a couple of video clips (1080p 60fps) of less than 30 seconds each, from my MacBook.  My H5B hasn't managed to auto-upload anything yet. 

This service is shockingly poor for a company that has made such an awesome camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

The extremely slow upload speeds are a major fail for GoPro Plus.   They really missed the mark with this one.  Considering that video files are inherently large, to have upload speeds costing >8 hours for 500 MB  is awful; espesicially for a paid service.   WTF?!    I think I’ll cancel this until they get it right and go back to using other cloud services (e.g. DropBox) until Plus has more respectable speeds. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Did you figure uot a way around the snail speed of your uploads? One 1.5 hr video STILL takes me 4 huors. Forget about a full SD card....it takes DAYS. Any help or ideas would be apprecialted as customer support is less than impressive....